Published on March 29th, 2014 | by Rima J Pundir
Some for the tresses
Have a love-hate relationship with your mane? Here are some super tips, and even better products to keep your hair and you in love…
Blow-drying is a diva’s ultimate tool – but if you are a hairdryer bumbler – chances are, a hair dryer leaves you and your hair in shambles! So here are 5 tips that will ensure your hair respond well to drying and be your crowning glory instead of a disaster!
- Section: It’s really not as difficult as it sounds. Also bending over at your waist and blow-drying until you get dizzy will not help you, or your hair! Once you have detangled your hair, keep duckbill clips or clutchers nearby – make a minimum of three horizontal sections and clip up the others.
- The wrong hand: Table manners demand the dominant hand to hold the knife; similarly, it’s the brush you should be holding in the dominant hand. The brush needs to be moved with dexterity, not the dryer.
- Pull up, not down: A naturally inclination is to pull the brush towards gravity – but that flattens the hair across the scalp – no voluminous mane then! Pull the hair halfway up towards the sky (okay, the ceiling!) – hold the brush at mid length. The hair till mid-length should be blasted upwards while the hair falling below can be styled downwards.
- Smoking strands: Holding the dryer too close to the hair will only fry it and damage the hair cuticle. Also hair that is still damp is akin to spraying water on a hot pan – it will sizzle – and we do not mean that in a sexy way…
- Too much, too sun: The cardinal sin of drying is drying the hair as if there were no tomorrow. A hair dryer is a styling tool – not an omigod-I’m-late-for-work tool – it’s better to let damp hair air dry their way to your office, rather than trying to dry hair by blow drying. Use a dryer on almost dry hair – with a thermal hair protectant in place and when you have the time to spare!
Hair products you absolutely must try:
The basics of good hair, is a good shampoo and conditioner. So here are some to keep your mane in the best of health…
- A superb detangler and nourisher, the Toni&Guy Daily Style Conditioner leaves your hair soft and shiny and ready to face the day. It’s lightweight and perfect for gals with fine or oily hair – doesn’t weigh down the tresses at all and gives you that bouncing mane. CLICK HERE to view this product
- What do all (curly) women want (sic)? A miracle product that transforms their wiry, frizzy mess into Hollywood-style glossy and bouncy curls! Well, the Toni&Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Shampoo promises just that – richly moisturised curls that are glossy and soft to touch even after the end of the day. CLICK HERE to view this product
- The Toni&Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Conditioner that will get you curls that are not weighed down by the conditioner nor affected by humidity – and stay gorgeous all day long. CLICK HERE to view this product