Published on April 2nd, 2014 | by Soma Priya
TIPS & TRICKS: Beauty gone wacky
Think again, if you believe that mayonnaise is good only as bread spread or toothpaste is meant only to clean teeth. Bet, they work wonders for skin care…
Beauty doesn’t always have to follow the well-trodden path. Read on to find 10 such wacky beauty tips that work!
- Blackheads, and black pepper? Sounds crazy! But believe me to get rid of those irritating and stubborn blackheads, mix a spoon of coarsely grounded black pepper with two spoons of yoghurt and apply the paste on the affected area. After 10 minutes, massage in circular motion and wash off with plenty cold water.
- You say tomato, I say tomato: Tomatoes not only look good in a salad bowl but they are also good for the health of the skin. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene which provides protection from the ultraviolet rays that causes ageing in skin. Include raw tomatoes to your daily diet for building anti aging fighters inside your body. Pulp of a tomato when applied as a mask gives an instant mattified, fresh face.
- (Tooth)paste on pimples? Yeah, you heard that right! Flouride (white) toothpaste helps in immediately reducing the pimples. It works like an astringent, acting on the pimple by drawing away the impurities and leaving the blemish dry. Advised best to be applied at bedtime and washing it away the next morning.
- Make faces: Everyday for 5-10 minutes, stand before a mirror and make weird and whacky faces exercising every possible muscle. This will help in better blood circulation resulting in a slimmer and a radiant face.
- Chew, that gum: Post every meal, the acids in the mouth that break down the food, need to be neutralized else they result in cavities. Sugar-free chewing gums help do this. The chewing action releases saliva which balances the acidity of the food. So keep sugar free chewing gums handy during office hours when you don’t have time for proper brushing.
- Bum wipes, for the face: Baby wipes not only does good to those chubby dimpled bumps but to our face also. The soft fabric and the mild chemical added to it works nicely in cleaning the face. It easily removes grime and dirt leaving the face fresh.
- Beetroot, the Natural Blusher: Apply juice of beetroot on the cheek bones and let it dry. Wash with cool water to get naturally looking pink cheeks.
- Mayo facial: A homemade instant facial can be made by spreading mayonnaise not on bread but on your face and let it stay for 15 minutes. Wipe it off and wash with cool water to get an ultra-soft clean skin. It also helps in treating sun burns.
- Mayo for the body too! Apply mayonnaise liberally on the dead skin of the elbow and feet. Leave for 10 minutes and wipe off with damp cloth. Your skin will feel soft and moisturized.
- Hands, before face: Before you wash your face, do wash your hands with a mild soap as they might be containing dirt. When we wash face with unwashed hands, grime and dirt travel easily to our face resulting in further skin eruptions.
Try these out and you won’t be disappointed.
If these don’t work, try our favourite organic products:
- NAKED LEMON CHEESECAKE BATH/BODY SALT SCRUB: Salt is a wonderful aura & chakra cleanser, making this grounding scrub the perfect way to wash off the day. Oils emulsify with the water on your body, leaving your skin perfectly moist. CLICK HERE to view this product.
- NAKED GRAPEFRUIT BODY SOUFFLE: Vitamin D and vitamin E rich almond oil is whipped up with loads of aloe vera, making your lotion light, yet deeply moisturizing. Massage stress and body aches away with fresh lavender and zingy grapefruit. CLICK HERE to view this product
- NATIO RENEW RADIANCE DAY CREAM: Provides nourishing protection from the elements and is perfect under make-up. Promotes an even-toned complexion and softens lines over time. Skin maintains its softness and natural radiance. CLICK HERE to view this product