Published on April 8th, 2014 | by Rima J Pundir
Make Time for Yourself
As women, and mostly as women balancing work and personal front – multitasking leaves us somewhat bedraggled. Here’s an easy-peasy beauty trick I have used over the years…
I end up with many beauty sins – broken nails, chipped polish, and the biggest of them all – dry and lustreless skin. Here’s an excellent kitchen-cum-counter remedy I use to give my skin a quick makeover, and de-stress, via beauty!
Super duper easy this one – pour your favoured lotion/butter/emulsion into a cup, fill it up to half). Now add two heaped tablespoons of filter coffee (the kind you can buy at café coffee day) and 2-3 tablespoons of honey or molten molasses (gur). Mix gently. Now the most important step, shut yourself in the bathroom and bar the door, put on loud music to drown out any sound – the family will manage and no, your house will not collapse without you. Now shower once if you like, to wash off sweat, grime and in my case, all the gunk my older boy can pour on me… Then take generous scoops or handfuls of the mixture and then rub gently all over your body and face. You should resemble a mud-covered creature at this point – all the more reason to keep that barred door, barred! Now wait for 5-minutes more – you can actually meditate a bit to regain mental balance – meanwhile the mixture will dry or harden up and get absorbed a bit – then shower off, scrubbing gently with a loofah to get rid of all the coffee. Now why is this so good for you?
- The coffee stimulates circulation and also zaps cellulite so if you are on the track to fitness, this will help you tone up that much faster.
- The lotion or moisturizer, chemical though it may be obviously moisturizes your skin and may have other benefits such as brightening, anti-tanning or anti-ageing.
- Finally the honey or molasses are an emollient – all the moisture your skin absorbed, the honey will lock that in.
- At last but not the least, that break you get from all the chaos at home, gives you a much-needed window of peace.
Some spa products we love:
- THE NATURE’S CO COFFEE FACE SCRUB: This season, pamper your skin with this refreshing and nourishing Coffee Face Scrub from The Nature’s Co.. Each 100 gm of this product contains 0.5% coffee extract, 1% coffee powder, 3% coffee grits, 6.5% vegetable glycerine, 1% olive oil, cream base, aroma and natural preservatives that exfoliates and cleanse your skin to impart you that instant glow. CLICK HERE to view this product
- PORTICO SPA VERBENA HYDRATING BODY WASH: Luxury Spa Brand, Portico, available across Hyatt Hotels globally, has an organic Verbena line that is natural, aromatic and refreshingly citrusy. CLICK HERE to view this product
- PORTICO SPA VERBENA RENEWING BODY LOTION: Luxury Spa Brand, Portico, available across Hyatt Hotels globally has an organic Verbena line that is natural, aromatic and refreshingly citrusy. Fortified with vitamins, the renewing lotion is light weight, yet hydrating. CLICK HERE to view this product