Published on May 5th, 2014 | by Rima J Pundir
Get a petal soft pout today
Super glossy, super plump, super soft and super shiny – let your lips do all the talking!
From lips don’t talk to lips that do, from lips of an angel to them devil lips – songs, poems and the cynosure of every gaze, are a woman’s lips. Dressed in reds, oranges, pinks, purples or browns – a gorgeous pout can silence many a thin lip – so here’s how to get those fantastic lips – like rose petals.
- Exfoliate: Lip are skin, delicate skin, but skin nonetheless. And skin needs to be exfoliated to get rid of the dead skin cells and reveal the brighter, smoother layer beneath. So how do you exfoliate lips? Obviously, not via harsh scrubs! Instead, slather your lips with Vaseline, Boroline or your favourite lip balm – and gently massage with a soft-bristled toothbrush for 2-3 minutes, Wipe off for a noticeably smoother pout.
- Moisture: Next to biting or worrying lips, the worst thing you can do is keep licking them. Saliva drying on the lips dries out lips further – causing them to develop unsightly cracks, fissures and dryness. Keep a lip balm handy – or just make do with Vaseline or Boroline if need be – and apply a layer every time you feel them stretch or just the urge to go licky-licky.
- Sun Protect? Are we kidding – nope! Skin needs to be sun protected. And the skin on the lips is much thinner so yes, they too need their dose of SPF. How? Use SPF-enriched lip balms or lipsticks that offer you a dose of the sun, albeit under cover!
- Foundation: We kid you not. A moisturising foundation, applied thinly onto your pout, before you got for that lip colour – fills in those cracks, and creates an adhesive base for the colour – the colour lasts and so does the smoothness.
- Plump up: Need bee-stung lips to really catch some attention? Try rubbing mint toothpaste on your lips – tingly lips means plumped out lips. Another remedy is to mix in honey, olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Rub this mixture on your lips – lips will tingle and look plumper.
FAB Lipsticks we love
- MUA LIPSTICK: With just one swipe you’ll have fantastic colour pay off resulting in gorgeous lips! Why not pick a shade you’ve not tried before and get a new look. CLICK HERE to view this product
- MAX FACTOR LIPFINITY LIPSTICK: Smart, two-step application for glamorous colour with a moisturising gloss. Top coat for luscious lips that last all day. CLICK HERE to view this product
- TOMMY G DUAL LIPSTICK: Use this dual lipstick from Greece’s biggest cosmetics group to discover the deepest pigmented, long lasting product you’d have ever tried. CLICK HERE to view this product