FAB BAG Picks
Published on July 13th, 2014 | by Rima J Pundir
If you thought blushes were more a make-up artist’s tool than something that you need in your kitty, you thought wrong…
- Colour: A colour that matches your cheeks when they’re flushed is the right one for you. For a quick test, “spank” your cheeks (best done in private) and use the resulting colour as a guide (you can swatch a few shades on your arm to match it). Another less painful trick is to match the blush to your lip colour.
- Consistency: Powder blushes are best for oily and combination skins while crème-based blushes work for dry skin. Liquids an gels go with almost all skins.
- Order: Usual order of application: foundation, eye make-up, blush and then lip colour. Sneak tip: Apply blush before foundation for a more “natural” look.
- Brush: All “doll-size” blush brushes that come in the pack need to be shown the boot. Use a professional full brush but don’t use the same brush you use for your powder.
- Chiselled cheekbones: Shade the underside of the cheekbone with a bronzer or dark blush, then add the blush to the apples of the cheek and on the cheekbone. Finally, illuminate the area above the cheekbone with a light blush, highlighter or simply translucent powder.
- OTT: If you’ve gone a bit heavy on the powder blush, dust a bit of translucent powder over it. For cream blush, blot the colour off with a tissue. However gel and liquid blush stain the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is to wipe off the make-up and restart all over again albeit sparingly.
Blushes we love:
- BELLAPIERRE MINERAL BLUSH: These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, bellapierre loose mineral blush is suitable for all skin types and conditions from oily skin to dry, mature types and even the most sensitive. CLICK to view product
- NATIO BLUSHER: A versatile powder blush to highlight your complexion with a natural healthy glow. Its universally flattering shades with earthy undertones makes it look like your glow is coming from within. CLICK to view product
- PURELY PRO BLUSH: soft blush powder comes in a special light texture which glides on smoothly and evenly. The sheer formula is lightweight and highly pigmented providing the perfect product to enhance the cheek bones and create contours. Purest ingredients. Long-lasting. Highly-pigmented. Professional quality. Not tested on animals. CLICK to view product