Published on September 11th, 2014 | by Rima J Pundir
From tired-looking to gorgeous!
Look your best… Poof off any tiredness with a blush(er)
Why use blush, you may ask? One sweep of a brush and you can have a mini facelift! Defined cheekbones or a rosy glow, depending on how and which blush you apply, gives your face a makeover in a jiffy. As women, we tend to get more plump and heavy towards the bottom of the face; a blush reduces that ‘jowliness’ and gives a more youthful and happy look… Here are five of my favourite and most trusty blush tips sure to make your date a little more, shall we say ‘blushing’!
- Layer On: If you are blush crazy like moi, you might have a whole stack of colours ranging from sheer pinks to mauves to dusty roses. And if like me, you dither on which to apply, just layer on two colours. Apply the softer/lighter shade to the apples of your cheeks and then sweep the brighter/darker one on top. You can also buy duos, like the M.A.C Mineralize Blush Duos
- Dazzling bright: If you are looking a little tired, don’t reach for your trusty blooming pink shade – try a brighter shade in a coral or even a fuchsia. Do apply with a “less in more” philosophy and keep the eye and lip make-up muted for a lovely glow. Another cheat trick, while applying foundation on washed-out skin, just add a pinch of powder blush in a dusty rose shade for an overall healthy glow… Try the Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush in Day Blushes
- Go Bronze: Once in which a while, trade in your pinkish glow for a sun goddess look by simply using a bronzer the same way you’d use a blush. Mussed-up hair and oodles of skin would really make those jaws drop. Ka’ching! Try the Clinique Almost Bronzer
- Invest, in a brush: You may be nifty enough to use your lipstick as your blush but do invest in a good fluffy blush brush with a rounded tip to blend your blush in, irrespective of crème or powder. Fingers tend to mess up the blush effect with most of the pigment sticking to the fingers only!
- Say no to shimmer: Shimmering blushes look beautiful in the packaging but if your skin is showing signs of wear and tear, the shimmer particles will only highlight any fine lines, abrasions or skin unevenness. For a more youthful appearance, stick to matte crème blushes that settle lightly on the skin.
Fab blushes we recommend:
BELLAPIERRE MINERAL BLUSH: Discover fabulous, good-for-you cheek color. These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. CLICK to view product.
PURELY PRO BLUSH: This soft blush powder comes in a special light texture which glides on smoothly and evenly. The sheer formula is lightweight and highly pigmented providing the perfect product to enhance the cheek bones and create contours. CLICK to view product.
NATIO BLUSHER: A versatile powder blush to highlight your complexion with a natural healthy glow. Universally flattering shades with earthy undertones so it looks like your glow is coming from within. CLICK to view product.