Published on December 30th, 2014 | by Ahana Basu
Get rid of blackheads – 10-minute guide!
Polka dots may look great on your shirt, but hardly on your face – get these pesky little things off your skin!
Not quite pimples, but visible nevertheless, giving your skin (usually the nose and chin) an unsightly look. While beauty salons offer a variety of clean-ups and facials aimed at clearing up blackheads, these are time-consuming. Blackheads tend to glare out at you just when you’re dressed to go out and come up to your mirror to apply lipstick. So, what do you do when you’ve got ten minutes to head out and you really can’t be seen with those little black uglies on you?
- It’s a tried-and-true remedy for airing out your pores and clearing your skin. Since this is a quick-fix, we’ll keep it short. Steam your face for about for about 1 to 2 minutes. Pat your face dry. Then, take a full tablespoon of sugar and milk, mix it and start rubbing it into the affected area, putting a little extra pressure on the nose area for 5-10 minutes. This will scrub out the blackheads. You can continue doing this for a week for long-term results.
- Another method you can try after steaming is using a regular face scrub. Scrub your face gently, using your fingernails on your nose. Ensure your nails are clean and scrub your nose downwards. Wash off and use a mild moisturiser on your face.
Natural does it
- Grate a raw potato and rub it for 10 minutes on your face, nose and chin. Let it dry and then wash your face with warm water.
- Another great paste for blackheads is coriander leaves and turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- If you’re not keen on using packaged face scrubs, you could make your own. Mix sugar, honey and lemon juice to form an exfoliating scrub. Rub it on your skin, leave on for about 10 minutes and rinse your face with warm water. Lemon juice brightens the skin while sugar is an excellent scrub.
- A really easy and effective remedy for blackheads is this: Take two tablespoons of yoghurt and mix with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Rub on your skin, leave on for ten minutes and wash off.
Dip a small washcloth in warm water and place it on your face. Keep this on for around 15 minutes The warm moisture from the towel will clear out the pores. Next, apply a good deep-cleansing mask, perhaps a peel-off.
Remember to never scrub your skin too hard, no matter how hard it is to get rid of blackheads. Always use moisturiser after getting your blackheads off, since most processes will dry out your skin.
FAB PICKS FOR A CLEAR FACE
NYASSA FACE WASH-TEA TREE OIL: The Tea Tree and the Green Tea extracts in this cleanser makes sure that your skin not only gets refreshed with every wash but also keeps it germ free and healthy, the natural way. Your go-to product if you are fighting acne. CLICK TO VIEW PRODUCT
THE BODY SHOP ALOE GENTLE FACE WASH: Trying out something on your sensitive skin is always a big issue. This face wash from The Body Shop is rich, yet mild and gently rinses away make-up, impurities and grime. CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRODUCT
VOTRE ACNE CLEARING MOUSSE (ANTI PIMPLE MOUSSE): If your acne has reached another level (read: pimples), we feel you. But we have also got a solution for you. This high concentration cream with its rich blend of natural ingredients work as a magic gel on acne; leaving skin clear, supple & hydrated. CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRODUCT