Published on March 13th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
Dressing up those eyes with a pencil? Here’s how to make them speak volumes!
While originally eye liner was used by the Egyptians to protect against evil eyes, somewhere over the centuries, they have come to be more of a woman’s mechanism to add to her charms! However for those of us with wobbly hands that tend to make a mess of eye make-up, here are a few how-to tips…
- Start with a sharp eye pencil.
- Since eye pencils tend to get a bit hard, warm and soften the tip of the pencil by heating it with a zap from your dryer. This will help it “write” smoother.
- Rest the elbow of your dominant arm (right if your right-handed and left if vice versa) on a table and press your wrist on your face
- Tilt your head back and half-close your eyes to make for an easy application, allowing you to see what you’re doing.
- You may want to pull your eyelid gently to the side and slightly up, toward the far end of your eyebrow.
- To prevent the eye lid from fluttering, focus intently on your eyes in the mirror.
- For the upper lid – draw a line across the upper lid inside from inner corner toward the outer. Draw close to the lash line to create an illusion of thicker lashes.
- For the lower lid: moving from the outside edge inward, draw a line lightly, but don’t go for perfection, you can go back over the faint line and darken after the stroke.
FAB BAG PICKS
Nyx Eye Pencils are the darling of every make up artist. They are perfect to create voluptuous eye make-up. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, these pencils glide on easily and come in 32 vivid hues. They are versatile enough to be used as eyeliners, eyebrow pencils or as shadows. CLICK HERE to view product.
Bourjois Volume Clubbing Eye Liner has an ultra resistant formula lasts for 8 hours. It won’t budge while you’re dancing the night away! The precise supple brush allows for easy application and a high definition result. CLICK HERE to view product.