Published on March 21st, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
TIPS & TRICKS: Runway Secrets
Have all the colour cosmetics and yet are clueless on how to apply them? Try these super tricks for make-up artists and runway ladies to create a sensation the next time you put on some war-paint!
- Layer On: Instead of buying all new lipsticks, layer your existing shades to create fun fall options. Combine brown and pink to make a sultry rose, red and purple for plum, and coral and red for fuchsia.
- Racier Red: Apply pressed powder in between coats to intensify your everyday red lipstick. The powder pulls out the oil from the lipstick, so you’re left with a deep, matte stain, which is exactly the kind of effect you want right now.
- Nude Lips: The nude, no-colour lip is the balance to this season’s rich colours. You don’t even need any lipstick to pull it off. Just dip a makeup sponge in foundation, press it to your lips, and let it dry for a few seconds. Finish it off with a clear lip gloss to add some shine, and you’re good to go.
- Mascara your brows: Use mascara to accentuate the shape of your eyebrows and conceal any patchy gaps.
- Get glowy: Looking washed out? Mix a pinch of metallic eye shadow (copper, gold or bronze) into your face lotion to warm your complexion.
- Lip Gloss, on cheeks: Use a bright red gloss or balm on the apples of your cheeks to enhance your natural glow. You can layer on more or less to get the exact level of rosiness that you want
- Trade bronzer for blush: To get the chiseled cheekbones from the catwalks, sweep bronzer (instead of powder blush) onto the hollows of the cheeks. This creates shadows and depth so your cheekbones stand out more. Also, use a darker shade of powder that’s left over from summer.
- “Paint” foundation: Models looked especially airbrushed on the fall runways. To get the look: Use a makeup brush to put on liquid foundation. The bristles evenly distribute the product, so you get this soft veil of coverage. When going over tricky areas (like under the eyes or around the nose), squeeze the tip to flatten the edge to smooth out lines. Every few days, remember to wash your brush with shampoo to remove buildup.
- Maximize your blush. Take a creamy rose blush, and apply it in a half-moon shape under your brow bone and over the tops of your cheekbones. You’ll get a subtle sheen that draws
- attention to your eyes and makes your face glow
- Lip gloss, on eyes: Sounds crazy, but patting on a soft, shimmery pink gloss helps highlight and lift your eyes. Use a non-sticky formula (so your lashes don’t get stuck!), and blend in.
- Bronzed lashes: Comb loose bronze powder through lashes instead of mascara. You’ll get a subtle sparkle that’s so sexy for night since it catches the light. One swipe should do it—you don’t want any excess flakes to fall under your eyes.
FAB BAG PICKS
Bourjois Metallic Liner – VERT PEPITE: To create maximum impact at a party, dazzle everyone with a flash of metallic colour on your eyes, with these waterproof metallic pencils. Whether you want to match your eye makeup to your new shiny dress, or make intense eye contact with the party guests, your eyes will not go unnoticed! CLICK HERE to view product.