Published on April 27th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
Hate the sun?
Summers are approaching and what drives us even crazier than the heat, is the skin tan that comes by just being in the sun for minutes at most. Here’s how to zap that tan!
- Need some fairness and freshness? Mix equal quantities of lemon juice, cucumber juice and rose water. Dip a cotton ball in it and then apply it on your face. Keep it on for 10 minutes and then wash off…
- Honey and lemon juice is great for the skin, to drink and to apply. Mix equal quantities, dip cotton and dab the runny paste wherever you have a tan. Keep on for 10 minutes and wash off lightened and softened skin.
- Mix 2tbsp gram flour (besan), 1tbsp lemon juice and 2tbsp curd to form a thick paste. Apply it all over and scrub gently. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse off for a glowing skin.
- A simple and easy kitchen remedy is to blitz a potato and mix it with 1-2tsp with lemon juice. Apply this paste for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Need something even simpler? Use tomato juice and rub it all over. Else if bloody marys are not your thing, squish a tomato and apply the paste directly on your skin. Let be for 15 minutes and wash off for a naturally glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
- BIOBLOOM SUNSCREEN & DAY PROTECT LOTION: Made out of only natural ingredients, this lotion protects the skin from external aggression and provides the daily requirement of protein and Vitamin E to the skin. It protects the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, and slows down the skin’s ageing. CLICK HERE to view product.
- Natio Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30: This daily defence formula is the winner of Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards: Best Facial Sun Protection, 2011 and provides broad spectrum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Ultra-light, moisture-rich hydrating sunscreen – non-greasy and water resistant for up to four hours. Plant extratcs: Vitamin E to soften, smooth and help repair damaged skin. CLICK HERE to view product.
3. Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+: It offers the best protection against UVB and also short and long UVA rays; Pre-tocopheryl, a vitamin E precursor (powerful anti-oxidant) protects the skin cells from free radicals, rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water, skin benefits from its soothing and anti-irritating properties; the new active ingredient, Glyceryl Laurate, to help to regulate excess oil and gives the skin an instant matte finish thanks to the presence of mattifying powders. No-white residue. CLICK HERE to view product.