Published on April 28th, 2015 | by Neharika Sabharwal
WEATHER WISE: Itchy Scalps
No more itch
- Obviously the first thing to do is keep your hair squeaky clean. This doesn’t mean you need to wash your hair every day. Daily washing causes your scalp to overproduce oil to replace the natural oil you’re washing away. When you do wash, don’t overdo it. Avoid scrubbing the scalp vigorously, which causes it to produce more oil. Instead, allow shampoo to sit on the hair and scalp for one minute before rinsing. Apply conditioner to the ends only.
- Use a clarifying shampoo (for all hair types) to remove residue without stripping moisture. Then apply a super-moisturizing conditioner to just the ends of your hair to keep strands healthy without increasing oiliness at your scalp. If you have dandruff, use a product specifically designed to control it. Whichever hair washing routine you choose, ensure you clean out all the applied styling products. Rinse out thoroughly and dry your hair completely to prevent any product build up.
- Comb your hair at least four times a day. It will get rid of dust particles which clogs the pores on your scalp. Also, it’s important to let your hair breathe. So do not use tight caps and hats. Keep your hair open and let the breeze pass between them once in a while in the long day. Properly cooling of your scalp will solve the problem of itchy scalp. You can further use a good hair perfume to control hair odor. Do not use body spray or perfume for hair. If you don’t get any hair perfume, use rose water.
- The itchiness of the scalp can be treated with almond oil. Massage your scalp overnight with lukewarm almond oil. Next morning, treat your hair with lemon juice and water in a 1:2 proportion at least an hour before washing off.
- If the itching persists, you can use some natural remedies to cure it. Neem extracts and oil is famous for its antifungal properties and it removes redness and itching when massaged on to the scalp regularly. Rinsing your hair with fresh lime juice after a wash is also helpful as it removes waxy flakes from scalp skin, which could be the cause of itching.
FAB BAG PICKS
BioBloom Hair Cleanser – Dandruff Control: This hair cleanser is a breakthrough dandruff control formula that contains a combination of Herbs and Oils with proven anti-dandruff action. Tea tree and Rosemary Oils provide effective anti-dandruff action, also stimulating hair growth, while Ylang Ylang oil relieves scalp of itchiness. CLICK HERE to view product.
Kama Ayurveda Intensive Hair Treatment Bringadi Oil: The secret of luxuriant, glossy hair. This combination of herbs, processed in pure sesame oil and milk, includes indigo (neeli), eclipta alba and goosberry, said in Ayurveda to promote hair growth. Balloon vine helps mantain a healthy scalp. Liquorice with its antiseptic properties protects against bacterial and fungal infections. CLICK HERE to view product.
Tattva Ginger Lime Conditioning Shampoo (SLES Free): The gentle purifying shampoo with citrus lime, mint & 100% vegan ingredients, refreshes and invigorates both hair and scalp. It combines shine-enhancing shikakai powder and hydrating aloevera with lemon juice to tighten the hair shafts and provide manageability. Camphor and ginger give the formula an energizing feel that leaves scalp cool & hair smelling fresh. CLICK HERE to view product.