Published on May 3rd, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
The largest and the most forgiving organ of our body, the skin, deserves all the TLC it can get! Here are some super tips…
- SPF, SPF, SPF: You may be indoor, it may be cloudy or you may be wrapped up in layers – nothing but a good sunscreen can protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun…
- Clean Up: Clean skin is good skin but over-cleansed skin will only add to your woes. Find a cleanser that matches your skin type. Also do remove your make-up before you fall into bed. Many of us don’t do this, but make-up can clog your pores if you leave it on too long, causing skin irritation and pimples.
- Be-Drenched: Moisturise your skin, especially in the winter, summers and in the rains, spring and autumn too! You get the point, always moisturise! If you get dry skin on a normal basis, find a moisturizer more suited to your skin type.
- Exfoliate, Soften: To get your skin to absorb moisture, serums and any other skin treatments; you have to slough off the dead cell layer first. Use gentle exfoliants to do so – harsh abrasives can actually scratch the skin. While toners may or may not help in skin problems per se, they do “soften” the skin so as to make it ready to receive all the hydration it can get.
- Flush out toxins: Water helps to flush the toxins from your body, so make sure you get enough water in your system daily. Fresh fruits, raw veggies and wholewheat is all good. Talk to your doctor about taking supplements and do go easy on the junk food and alcohol. Looking party ready does not mean you mistreat your body and skin!
FAB BAG PICKS
Naked Grapefruit Lavender Body Lotion: Vitamin D and vitamin E rich almond oil is whipped up with loads of aloe vera, making your lotion light, yet deeply moisturizing. Massage stress and body aches away with fresh lavender and zingy grapefruit. Because there are no preservatives, Grapefruit and Lavender body lotion lasts longer when stored in the fridge. Naked is 100% natural. CLICK HERE to view product.
H2O+ Raspberry Guava Moisturizing Body Balm: This ultra-rich body lotion infuses skin with nourishing moisture to smooth, soften and subtly fragrance the skin with Shea Butter, Provitamin B and Natural Fruit Enzymes. Sensory-awakening formula blends luscious berry and tropical guava essences. Highly emollient shea butter helps heal and protect the skin, leaving it touchably soft and resilient. CLICK HERE to view product.
Clarins Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion: Non-drying, alcohol-free toner — with gentle Linden, Sweet Almond, Marshmallow and Mango — removes every last trace of Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. Leaves dry and sensitive skin types soft, moist, clarified and purified. Dry or sensitive skin glows with renewed radiance and clarity. CLICK HERE to view product.