Published on May 5th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
Move away from that favoured blue, purple or pink for a change. To create a beautifully layered eye make-up, here are 5 simple steps that will make you use 5 eyeshadows from that palette of yours!
The power of 5!
Start with a clean, washed face primed with foundation. Ensure you put on foundation on the lids too to create a base for the eyeshadow to stay on longer.
- Begin with the sheerest shade of all (taupe, nude or the palest pink) in your palette and apply it from your lash line to brow bone.
- Next apply something with a little more colour to just your lid (anything from a light brown to grey).
- Go one shade darker and apply this in the crease of your eyelid as well as the outside corner of your eye.
- Finish off with the darkest hue or with a jewel tone and line along your lashline. You can even wet a make-up brush with a little water and then paint on the shadow like an eye liner for a more precise application.
- Finally dab the highlighter (any sparkly pale shadow) along your brow bone and in the inner corner of each eye.
Five shadow shades used and your eyes will speak volumes with them!
FAB BAG PICKS
Be A Bombshell Eye Shadow Quad: For base colors, blend shadow from lash line to brow bone with a wide shadow brush using gentle upward strokes. For accent colors, blend shade in the outer crease of your eye gently working inward. Gently blend base and accent colors together using light, feathery strokes. For highlighting gently brush under brow bone. CLICK HERE to view product.
Flormar Quartet Eye Shadow: Quintet palette eye shadow that consists of 5 different colors of eye shadow provides various opportunities for the eye makeup. The special ingredients give a comfortable look without any dry feeling. The eye shadow provides an easy application with its velvety texture. CLICK HERE to view product.
Bourjois Smoky Eyes Eye Shadow: Contained in a modern and feminine compact case, are three hues of complementary intensity. At the back, professional make up artist tips will help you to achieve step by step a “classic smoky” or a “fashion smoky” eye look. CLICK HERE to view product.