Published on May 7th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
Clean, to Glean!
Cleansing is the very first step in a basic skin routine, and often the most ignored. Here’s why you definitely need to clean…
Why does the skin need to be cleaned? To get rid of pollution and impurities, excess sebum (read oil), dead skin cells, make-up and any other pigments or particles that do not belong on the surface of the skin…
5 pro tips:
- Invest in a good face wash – aim for skin that feels mayhaps just a little bit oily after a wash, squeaky clean means that you just destroyed the skin’s natural barriers and have left it dry and dehydrated. Gentle cleansers are best..
- Moisturise immediately after cleansing, on mildly damp skin – the pores are open, the skin ready to best receive moisture and the natural barrier of the skin re-erected.
- Remember to exfoliate once or twice a week. Exfoliation sloughs off the dead skin layer and reveals newer, fresher skin underneath that not only looks better but also absorbs hydration better.
- Make-up removers are vital – your ordinary facewash does not fully remove mineral or oil-based colour pigments. In case of emergency, use baby oil or olive oil – spread lightly over face and wipe off with tissue. Repeat as many times as required till tissue comes off oily but clean. Then use your face wash to remove extra oil.
- It is better to cleanse twice with a cream or lotion Cleanser than use a harsh detergent based cleanser once to remove makeup.
FAB BAG PICKS
H2O+ Anti-Acne Clarifying Face Wash: An oil-free, deep cleanser to gently treat and prevent breakouts with Aloe, Salicylic Acid and Oil-Controlling Marine Blend. Salicylic acid removes pore-clogging impurities to prevent future breakouts. Soothing blend of sea-sourced ingredients helps reduce the production of excess oil and activates collagen and elastin synthesis to even out tone and soften skin texture. CLICK HERE to view product.
SkinYoga Oats And Roses Face Wash: Rose petals are considered to be a natural toner and an excellent sunblock. Oats contain natural cleansers that remove dirt and oil from the pores without causing irritation. This vitamin C enriched combination with real rose petals will leave your skin feeling protected, clean and toned. CLICK HERE to view product.
Bioderma Sensibio H20: Sensibio H2O is the 1st and only dermatological micellar water perfectly compatible with the skin: its fatty acid esters, the constituent elements of micelles, are similar to the phospholipids of the skin cell membranes and naturally help rebuild the skin’s hydrolipidic film. CLICK HERE to view product.