Published on May 20th, 2015 | by Sharmila Chand
KITCHEN SECRETS: Tackling that tan!
Lemons and limes have been known far and wide for their anti-oxidant skin brightening properties. Here are two rather quick remedies to combat tan…
- Mix salt and some olive oil in a small bowl (skip oil if your skin is oily). Now, add a teaspoon of honey and blend till you get a smooth texture. Finally, add lemon juice and blend with spoon. Use this scrub with special concentration on the darkest areas of the face. Gently scrub in circular motion to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. Do this twice a week to remove tan from the face.
- Lime juice and honey are very effective for removing tan. Mix equal quantities of honey and lemon juice and apply directly on the tanned skin. Leave for 20 minutes and wash off using a mild face wash.
Many other ingredients found in your home and garden can be enlisted against this battle of the light against dark!
- Lemon-glycerine toner: Mix glycerine and lemon in equal ratio. Apply the mixture on the affected area and wash when it dries. This mixture can also be used as night lotion to remove tan and get supple skin.
- Aloe vera: Directly apply aloe vera gel on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water to get fairer and smooth skin.
- Milk lemon pack: Mix three tablespoons of milk cream and one tablespoon of lemon pulp in a bowl. Apply it on your face and leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with plain water, when it dries and feel the difference.
- Sandalwood-turmeric pack: Sandalwood and turmeric are essential ingredients for treating a tan. Mix sandalwood and pure turmeric powder in a ratio of 1:1 and add rose water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face and leave for half an hour or till it is dry and then wash with cold water.
- Egg booster: Mix two egg whites with equal amounts of honey and lemon juice to form a thin paste. Cleanse the face with a mild face wash or cleansing milk. Spread the paste evenly over your face and neck. Let it stay for a while and then wash off.
From the experts
India’s beauty honcho, Shahnaz Hussain has some gems to offer:
- Mix 2 tablespoons cucumber juice, one tablespoon each lemon juice and rose water, with one teaspoon pure glycerin. Apply on face and arms. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix multani mitti with rose water and lemon juice into a paste. Apply on the face two or three times a week. Wash it off when it is dry.
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre D-Pigmentation Cream Spf (For Dark Spots, Skin Lightening): Its intensive formula is clinically proven to even out pigmentation (dark spots) and restore skin uniformity. Alpha Arbutin helps in clearing and fading dark, brown as well as age spots. SPF protection further protects skin from darkening, tanning and ageing. A specialty cream that leaves your skin spotless, radiant and youthful. CLICK HERE to view product.
Inveda D Tan Pack: Enriched with Purifying Tulsi & Clove, this ready-to-use Face Pack rejuvenates the cells. Its Ayurvedic natural extracts help to remove Tan & provide a healthy & radiant glow. CLICK HERE to view product.
Kama Ayurveda Nalpamaradi Thailam: Prescribed in Ayurveda as a natural skin illuminator and de-tanning oil for face and body, Nalpamaradi Thailam consists of various effective ingredients such as Sesame oil, Vetiver, Turmeric, Gooseberry and Indian madder. It is ideal for bridal beauty treatment. CLICK HERE to view product.