Published on June 20th, 2015 | by FAB BAG
WEATHER WISE: Streaky warpaint?
It’s pouring, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring; umbrellas are out, we’ve got on our coats; but why does our make-up look so boring?
Rains are a sight for sore eyes in this scorching heat and beautiful women out in the monsoons just add to its romantic flavor. Now before you start picturing yourself like Sridevi from Mr. India, just glance reflection after a few hours in a humid, rain struck day. Recovering from a mini heart attack? We thought so. Raccoon eyes, washed up face and frizzy hair is the villain we’re all fighting our romantic dream sequence this monsoon. But worry not all you downpour-loving divas, we list some must have’s in your bag to keep your looking pretty…
- Excessive foundation use is the main cause of running make-up in the rains. So, the first tip is to stay away from heavy make-up as much as possible. Just stick to the bare essentials like a good Beauty Benefit cream or a tinted moisturizer. If you find it indispensible to use a base, make sure it’s a thin coat which is water resistant. Here powder will prove to be your best friend offering a slight shimmer to your face while masking any flaws. It will stick to your complexion better than any foundation and will give your spotless effect with just a few quick touch ups a day.
- Think rain, think waterproof mascara. Normal mascaras quickly smudge when in contact with humidity so make sure to opt for a special formula that will resist the extreme weather conditions. While at it, keep your eyebrows in shape with threading and hair gel for you cannot use eyebrow pencil during a downpour.
- Stocking up on water proof eye make-up is a no brainer if you want to avoid raccoon eyes. Kajals, liners all MUST be waterproof. Makeup artists recommend using cream shadows instead of powder and natural and sheer colors like beige and pastels rather than dark eye shadows. These are bound to make your eyes sparkle even when it’s gloomy outside.
- A common mistake we tend to make in the rains is using a blush of inappropriate texture. The rainy days scream for complex compositions, that’s why the golden rule when sporting a monsoon-proof makeup is to choose a mousse or cream blush that can resist the impact of humidity. Smashing tip; use a bit of lipstick and spread it with your fingernails. The effect is just as gorgeous as with the use of blush.
- Lip gloss is the top notch no-no beauty product of the monsoon season. It might get in contact with humidity and smudge terribly. Go for a good lipstick in a bright shade this season to light up your lips. Matte ones are a great bet because they have long lasting staying power. Using a lipliner is crucial to save your lipstick from bleeding and further increase its staying power.
- Hair woes are the worst when it rains, so keep off from those elaborate hairdos. Your mane is already suffering from the dry-wet-dry-wet routine, so their upkeep should be simple and easy. A good cleansing shampoo and moisturizer should be in your hair care arsenal. Make sure you use a light leave in conditioner to keep the frizz at bay. Avoid using serums and mousse. Finally, avoid blow drying or straightening it. Just leave it as it is and use funky clips to keep it loosely together.
FAB BAG PICKS
Color Boost leaves a radiant veil of colour on the lips with just enough shine and moisture to enhance each shade. A new generation formula that provides a bare lip sensation thanks to its light and non-sticky texture brings comfort and hydration to your lips. And the best part? It’s waterproof! CLICK HERE to view product.
La Splash Lip Couture Liquid Lipstick leaves a velvety, matte finish that never transfers. With its innovative formula that glides on as liquid and dries matte, heads are bound to turn! Use the Lip Couture Remover to effortlessly remove the lipstick and leave your lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. CLICK HERE to view product.
Bourjois goes beyond glamour with the new Volume Glamour Max mascara for 10 x more volume* and 16 hours hold. Its full, rounded contact blush with ultra soft fibers coat and “plump up” every lash to give your lashes the BIG “WOW” factor! Enriched with black pearl extract for deep black, luminous lashes and visibly boosted volume for 16 hours long! CLICK HERE to view product.