Published on June 30th, 2015 | by Gayatri Dahiya
I SPY: Runway Make-Up Trends
Dare monsoons with fresh, glowing faces and just a little more than waterproof kohl and lip gloss. Dressing up your face is a great pick-me-up and something he may not be able to get over!
The common trends seen at runways across the world are PERFECT for the Indian weather: An absolutely fuss-free, muted look, with models sporting mildly dramatic eyes, subtly highlighted cheekbones, school-girl cherry-blossom lips, and sleek ponytails or chignons. FAB BAG picks five beauty looks for you, straight off the runways, whatever be the occasion. The basic trend – highlight one part of your face keeping the rest muted and subtle to catch his eye!
The 9-5 Look; Inspiration: Christian Dior
Think scrubbed clean face, groomed eyebrows with bright, open eyes, and lightly glossed lips—easy to do even when you’re rushed in the morning.
- Create clear, even skin with Natio Antioxidant Face Moisturizer. Tinted moisturiser works well too for a flawless look.
- Using light strokes, apply Bella Pierre’s Mineral Blush (in a light shade) to give a mild flush to the cheeks. Be careful to keep the cheek tint to a minimum – the idea is to look healthy, not flushed.
- Use Max Factor Kohl Pencil to line the inner rims starting right from the crease to the brow bone, to create an illusion of wider, brighter eyes.
- Apply a generous coat of Palladio Be Chic Mascara to the top and bottom lashes, and brush eyebrows to look groomed. Fill in scanty brows with brow gel/pencil to create a thick, strong look.
- Top the look with Biobloom Lip Balm.
The Date Look; Inspiration: Michael Kors
Work with mountain-air flushed cheeks, bright cherry lips, and bare eyes—perfect to impress him without trying too hard.
- Blend foundation evenly to create a luminous base. Dot concealer to hide dark spots, dark circles.
- Instead of blush, use a flat sponge to lightly dab a poppy-pink colour, across the cheekbones, and blend downwards at an angle to your jawline. The idea is to create a rich, apple flush.
- Keep bare minimum on the eyes, barring a few strokes of transparent mascara.
- Dot your lips with a Soultree Lipstick and blend well to create a rich, but natural pout.
The Formal Dinner Look; Inspiration: DVF
Pick understated glamour with strong eyes, a nude face, and lightly dusty lips—adds just a hint of drama.
- Prep your skin with foundation.
- Dramatise the eyes with Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow and apply a deep gray colour all over the lids and at the inner and outer corners to create depth.
- Make the eyes pop with a thick stroke of liner on the upper lid, running from crease to corner of the eyes, and kohl across the lower lid to create a deep contrast. Apply a thick coat of mascara on the upper lashes.
- Follow up with light strokes of bronzer for contoured cheekbones.
- Use a nude-to-pink shade on the lips and dab with a tissue to create a light, dusted tinge.
The Saturday Night Look; Inspiration: Valentino
Pair a 70’s chic monochromatic look with bootlegs and long, cascading hair—bring out the glam-hippie in you.
- Play up eyes by lining upper and lower lids and play up the lids, the crease, and the lower lash line with eye shadow.
- Curl lashes, apply a generous coat of mascara to upper and lower lashes, curl again, and repeat application.
- Apply foundation or concealer, wherever required.
- Finish off the look with clear lip balm – we like Body Shop’s Born Lippy Balms.