Published on July 9th, 2015 | by Neharika Sabharwal
THERE SHE GOES: Freida Pinto
Known for subtlety and elegance, her understated and ‘barely there’ make-up never fails to create ripples in the fashion circuit…
People Magazine honoured her in their ‘Most Beautiful People List’ and ‘List of World’s Best Dressed Women’. Vogue Magazine had her in the “top ten most stylish women”. Askmen.com featured her in the “Most Desirable Women” list while GQ voted her “Hottest Indian Chick”. Beautiful, best dressed, stylish, desirable and hot are just some of the many titles the scintillating Frieda Pinto has under her belt. The Mumbai-born actress’ rise in Hollywood has been nothing short of a fairy tale, with her debut film Slumdog Millionaire propelling her into instant international style stardom. Nine movies later, Pinto’s fashion choices are more talked about than her choice of film roles.
Va Va Voom:
Her glowing skin and flawless complexion has most of us cursing our gene pool. It’s no wonder then that the 30-year-old actress is an advocate of minimal make-up. At the London premiere for the silver-screen venture, Trishna, the Indian actress doesn’t disappoint with her make-up styling. Subtle smoky eyes combined with rose-hued cheeks and glossy pink lips coupled with her hair pulled back softly from her face, just let her true beauty shine through.
Recreate her look for yourself with these simple tips:
- Start with a base as natural as possible. If your skin is as good as Frieda’s, you’ll probably need little enhancement. If not, make sure you cover all the blemishes, imperfections, redness and dark circles with a concealer. The key is to create a base that does not look cakey. Do this by using a foundation that is of the right tone and texture and ensure that the visage is even all over. To prevent shine, pat on a light powder to keep your base in place and your skin looking matte and marvelous.
- Notice Frieda’s brows? All natural and neat. To get this look, avoid liner and instead opt for a rich yet light brow powder. It’s just the ticket to fill any gaps in the hairs and gives a tidy finish.
- Freida’s eyes are the focus of this look, so do like she does and choose a sparkly taupe eyeshadow to sweep across your entire eyelids. Follow this with a darker shade and blend it into the creases to create depth. You can finish with a pale, shimmery shade of light brown or gold along the lower lash lines. Finish the eye area on a high with a few coats of mascara.
- Freida’s eyeliner look can be easily achieved with a eyeliner pencil. Using a pencil instead of a liquid liner will be soft enough to enable you to blend and smudge for a colour and texture that highlights your pretty peepers.
- Apply a warn-hued blusher to get a sophisticated and healthy glow. Smile into the mirror, load the brush with product and sweep gently over the apples of your cheeks.
- Finally let the natural colour of your lips shine through with a simple stick of gloss. It will subtly highlight and boost your over all look. Not a gloss person? Pick out a matching lipstick that will liven up your color a bit and enhance your features without looking overdone.
FAB BAG PICKS
Bellápierre Mineral Blush
These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural creating a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, Bellápierre loose mineral blush is suitable for all skin types and conditions; from oily skin to dry, mature types and even the most sensitive. CLICK HERE to view product.
LAQA & CO. Fat Lip Pencil
Formulated with a blend of oils and healing vitamin E, the pencil provides lasting moisture in addition to a glossy finish. The smooth buttery texture coats lips in stunning, glossy color and comes in a handy jumbo pencil that needs no sharpener! CLICK HERE to view product.
Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal – Black Velvet
SUGAR Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal – Black Velvet is an easy to apply kohl pencil. It is heavily pigmented and gives an intense black finish that lasts all day. It can double up as an eyeliner as well. CLICK HERE to view product.