Published on July 11th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
FAB BAG PICKS: Lazy Beauty
Sundays are meant to be lazy, right? But sometimes, beauty priorities weight you down. So here are some beauty shortcuts that help you tide over that shortness of time…
- Wake-up cuppa: In the kitchen making your customary tea coffee? Make a quick paste off coffee (instant or otherwise) with honey and apply it all over your face, neck and décolleté. In the time your coffee would be ready, so would your skin – wash off for a really happy visage.
- Soft and silky hair: Bath time? In the time it takes you to brush your teeth, shower and perhaps paint your toenails – your hair could get a little makeover… Coat your hair with honey (or even your conditioner) and put on a shower cap for 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual.
- Chore time: Dusting, polishing or just doing some chores? Coat your nails (remember to remove the polish) with some olive oil and then slather on Vaseline. Put on some rubber gloves and do your chores while your nails and hands get some much required TLC.
- A light luncheon: Doing a salad for lunch? Since this is mango season, a mango-based salad or jus, with your main dish, is the way to go. And don’t throw the fleshy pip just as yet – it’s bursting with antioxidants and skin nutrients. Rub it all over your face and let the alpha-hydroxy acids work their magic – wash off and moisturise after 5 minutes for a refreshing lunch.
- Party time: Wine, good for health, the heart and the soul. And great for the skin. The dregs of wine in your glass – soak a cotton ball with it and apply on your face, let it dry and go to bed without rinsing it. In the morning wash off for noticeably smoother skin.
A good day, Sunday; fun and beauteous and a complete time saver! Write in with your time saving beauty tips, do…
FAB BAG PICKS
This facial mist is active blend of natural botanical herbs and minerals that leaves your skin balanced, glowing and noticeably softer. Soothe sun-scorched skin with After Mist, perfect skin balancer. CLICK HERE to view product.
Pamper the coffee lover in you with our invigorating Coffee Face Scrub. It is full of anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that sloughs dead skin, boosts circulation and imparts an instant radiant glow. CLICK HERE to view product.
No matter how thick, curly, kinky your hair is, Sam Brocato’s curlinterrupted Curl Calming Balm turns coarse, frizzy curls into soft, smooth spirals. This formula provides perfect balance of moisture to leave your locks feeling super soft, shiny and frizz-free. CLICK HERE to view product.