Published on July 13th, 2015 | by Soma Priya
REAL BEAUTY: Kitchen Beauty Tricks
It could have been either sneaked off the kitchen shelf or sourced from an intricately-researched beauty brand. Many real women talked about their one stop beauty trick that always works for them. We compiled them and here we present tried and tested beauty remedies.
- Anti dandruff: A quick fix remedy for dandruff is aspirins which we often use for minor pains. It contains salicylic acid which is an active component in anti dandruff shampoos. Dissolve 3-4 tablets of aspirin in warm water and pour over scalp. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes and rinse with normal water. Shristi Jain stays in tropical area and often suffers from dandruff due to humid weather. She vouches for aspirins for leaving her hair dandruff free.
- Shiny skin: If you yearn for shiny skin as displayed on runways, Naina Nathani recommends mixing a drop or two of baby oil into your favorite body moisturizer to get lustrous and glowing skin.
- Soft tresses: Nandita Majumdar loves her soft and feathery curls. She follows a secret regime for this. Every week for 20 minutes, she soaks her hair in a beauty potion which includes a mixture of one part vinegar and four parts carbonated water. She later shampoos and conditions as usual. She also uses satin pillow to keep her hair from turning into candy floss the next morning.
- Clear complexion: Mercilin has an oily skin and is quite conscious of her looks. She works in the front office at a famous hospitality chain. She keeps her blackheads, pimples and acnes at bay by applying a mask of honey, salt and little warm water. She applies it overnight and washes gently the next morning to find clear and supple skin.
- Rosy cheeks: A blusher can always give the desired bloom to your cheekbones. While trading secrets for naturally looking rosy cheeks, Shirin told us that she uses beetroot. Just apply on your cheeks for 10 minutes before a party and it will stain your cheeks artistically.
- Strong nails: Aakansha’s nail paint bottle contains something unusual. Upon a closer look, we saw bits of garlic. She confessed garlic as the secret of her super strong nails and her grandma approved alternative. Just add chopped garlic to a bottle of clear nail paint and keep for 7-10 days before applying.
- Soft and glowing skin: Vidya Nair found surprising results after she bought the following beauty treatment in her bi-weekly routine. She has combination skin which gets oily during monsoon. She prepares a mask by mixing a spoon each of gramflour and rice flour to half a lemon juice and 2 spoons of fat free curd. She applies this paste till it dries off. She then dampens the mask and with circular motion, scrubs off the paste and washes with cool water. Post this she applies moisturizer.
FAB BAG PICKS
Gulnar Handmade Soap – Chocolate
Embedded with real flower petals and natural fragrant oils, Gulnar Handmade Soap Soap in Chocolate. It is a natural emollient that works into the skin scrubbing away dead skin cells to reveal soft, smooth skin. CLICK HERE to view product.
SaND for Soapaholics Totally Peanuts
Get-up-and-get-going with our nutty cleanser concoction blended with Nature’s own energizer, Honey. By combining beehive with exotic Cedarwood and Rose Essential Oils, it provides you with the perfect splash of moisture and protection to last you till Happy Hour! CLICK HERE to view product.
SaND Pedi Butter
A combination of the three magic elements – Shea Butter to improve circulation, Kokum Butter to heal damaged and dry skin, and Cocoa Butter to moisturize and remove that dreadful sock tan to leave your feet supple and give you that extra bounce in your step! CLICK HERE to view product.