Published on July 17th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
FAB BAG PICKS: Detoxify, in one day
My sin-days are Friday and Saturday, Sunday is mostly a detox day for me to clean the grime off me and from me and be ready to face the coming week and all its challenges. Here are my detoxification-in-a-day tips!
So what do you need? Let’s first begin with what all you don’t need – no meat, no oil and actually nothing cooked per se. Oh and no coffee or tea either! Sounds tough? It’s just one day out of the week! What you can have – plenty greens, all salad veggies, steamed and boiled veggies, fruits, lots of curd and lots and lots of lemons!
- Skip the cuppa, get some lemons! Lemons are a powerful fruit that pack an extra blast of vitamin C and enzymes. Get into the habit of drinking one hot glass of water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed in first thing in the morning. You can add some honey or stevia in it for sweetness. Cash in on the goodness of lemons, spritz a mix of lemon, apple cider vinegar, stevia (and sea salt/pepper to taste) on all your greens for the day.
- Have a detox-power smoothie, thrice a day: Zap a cucumber, a small bunch of steamed spinach or kale, a peeled tomato and a celery stalk, the juice of a lemon, half a beet and some yoghurt. You can add some salt to taste and do sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- Feel like a snack? Sliced vegetables will give you the same crunch of a potato chip without saturated fat, sugar or having to eat something “bready”. Dip carrots, bell peppers and celery with some homemade salsa.
- For lunch and dinner: Make or order steamed vegetables with a large green salad. It’s just one day- you will live. Add an array of color through adding your favorite raw vegetables (for me it would be avocado and tomato) and dress it up with something light and oil-free
- Tea? Before going to bed, drink some green tea with a little bit of honey and cayenne in it.
- The next morning: After doing the 1 day reset remember to add apple cider vinegar to your water the next day.
It’s just a day – you’ll survive. And your body and skin will thank you Monday morning! Oh and the picture is Miranda Kerr’s for inspiration – if she can look like that after a baby…
FAB BAG PICKS for Healthy Skin
Meiji Amino Collagen is a Japanese beauty product that enhances, retains and replenishes essential nutrients needed for a healthy glowing skin. Collagen is a protein that plays a major role in maintaining suppleness and youthful appearance of the skin. CLICK HERE to view product.
This exfoliating, foaming gel gently buffs away dead skin cells to leave skin soft and smooth. It has a sweet strawberry scent. Gently exfoliates. Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth leaving you with a sweet strawberry scent throughout the day. CLICK HERE to view product.
Made for all skin types, this moisturizer is rich in Vit E and protects your skin against UVA/UVB. Enriched with the goodness of Shea butter, Almond oil and Wheat germ, this moisturizer is light and non-greasy. CLICK HERE to view product.