FAB BAG Picks
Published on July 21st, 2015 | by Apara Bhattacharya
THERE SHE GOES: Go Go Gold!
Pick gold tones this festive season and become the showstopper wherever you go! (Tip: It suits every skin tone)
Get the look:
- Your gold make-up will be foiled if your face shines with grease! Start with a serum (try Revlon Age Defying Deep Re-shaping Face & Contour Serum or the Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin Serum) or moisturizer (if you have oily skin, choose one that is matte) and mix in a little foundation. This will plump out the skin and give you a dewy look.
- To dress up your eyes, pick a gold shadow in three tones (try the Chambor Trio Eye Shadow). Using the palest shade, apply all over the upper lid till the brow bone, Now work in the middle-shade on just the upper lid and then darken the crease with the darkest shade for a “smokey” gold look. Also use the lightest shade to colour in the lower lid, but make sure not to let the colour spill onto your cheeks.
- To further define your eyes, use bronze eyeliner (try the Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil) and draw just on your upper lid, close to the lashline. Leave the lower lid bare for a more youthful appeal.
- Now use a mascara (try Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express Easy Wash Dark Black) that adds volume to your lashes and make them appear fuller. Use the mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
- A soft pink blush (Chambor Single Blush) on your cheek bones gives you a youthful yet glamorous appeal.
- To dress up your lips, stay away from bolder shades lest you take away from the “gold” look. Either use pale shades or stick to nude tones (try shades from Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie). You can jazz up your pucker with a high luster lip-gloss (try shades from Bourjois Effet 3D Max Lip Gloss) in the end – but use a gloss that’s either clear or in the shade your lipstick is in. And that’s it, your mirror will reveal a gorgeous you in gold. Go on, shine!