Published on July 22nd, 2015 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Lipsticks, glosses, balms – here’s what stood out on celeb lips in the recent past.
While we are all up for natural beauty, there is something about colouring our pouts that we just can’t resist. And where better to catch some genius lipstick trends than the glitzy, glamorous red carpet. Read on as we mouth off some celebrity pouts that are worth talking about.
- Rihanna: Rihanna sure showed us the power of a strong lip when she stormed the beauty world with the ultra girly purple lipstick. The ‘it’ colour this season, the trend of deep purple lipsticks is catching up all over town. Whether you have a fair or dark complexion, plush plum shades will help you make a glamorous statement. Try a lip gloss for a sexy, dramatic look instead of a traditional matte lipstick, which can make you look like you have bruised lips. Play up your lashes and add a little brown or pink tint to your cheeks. Ideally avoid deep, smoky eyes as that could make you look like a vampire.
- Dita Von Teese: Striking red lipsticks, flawless skin and retro glamour were all over the fashion week catwalks and guess which celebrity was the inspiration behind it? Dita Von Teese. Whether shiny or matte, Von Teese is known for her expertly painted red lips. This is one splash of colour that will have you bowled over. Paint on a coat of deep cherry lipstick. For a bold mouth, bust out a lip brush; for a softer approach, pat the lipstick on with your finger.
- Emma Stone: The thought of hot pink lipstick conjures up not-so-fond memories of bad neon outfits and scrunchies from the 80’s, but after seeing Emma Stone rocking this electric colour, I think can get over trauma and give this look a try. The ‘Amazing Spider Man’ starlet’s lips look sexy and vivacious with the colour beautifully striking against her pale skin. To get this fresh-faced and pretty look, pair the bold lip colour with a single line of liquid liner and soft pink cheeks.
- Jennifer Lopez: Jennifer Lopez swapped her trademark glossy pink lips for a vampy burgundy lip shade and guess what? She rocked it. Well! She’s not the only one. Runways, magazines and leading beauty brands all seemed to be punched with this dark hot colour. While Jenny from the block wears this look boldly with metallic bronze eye shadow and heavily lined eye, chances are most women out there wouldn’t be so daring. No worries! Burgundy is one easy colour to achieve. To wear this lip colour confidently, keep the rest of your makeup minimal.Skip the heavy liner, the smokey shadow, and the full coverage foundation. By keeping the rest of your makeup natural, it will balance out the potential goth-ness that the deep lip may create.
- Zooey Deschanel: We love Zooey Deschanel for turning us into coral kissers. She seems to have cracked the perfect kind of lippy for this colour- a non-matte, non-gloss, subtle sheen that works both warm and cool looks. This is a color that can be dressed up and dressed down. For dressing up, give the cheeks a healthy glow (but don’t go too rouge), and you can play up a dramatic eye. For work, keep the eyes very clean, with a natural base, dark eyeliner and a few coats of mascara.
They are a dream to carry and apply – a convenient pencil-like push-up application keep’s the product protected from breakage and smudges and is oh-so-easy to apply. This moisture-enriched product ensures that the colour stays true on your lips and doesn’t feather or fade for hours! CLICK HERE to view product.
True to color and extremely moisturizing, these unique glosses are a must-have for makeup aficionados. Enriched with five beneficial herbsand fortified with anti-oxidant Vitamins A, C, D and E, this wide variety of high-fashion colors will keep lips slick, not greasy. CLICK HERE to view product.
It’s ready to wear formula is enriched with ¼ of pure laque for a radiant, glossy finish and orchid blossom extract so it glides onto the lips leaving them feeling smooth, hydrated and protected for up to 10 hours. A “must-have” lipstick for every woman’s make-up bag. CLICK HERE to view product.