Published on July 31st, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
Love your Skin!
Your skin is the largest and often ignored organ of your body – it’s what keeps your insides protected, literally. And for it to glow, treat it with love, affection and lotion!
Moisturising your skin is not just about buying the latest lotion off the rack, or lusting for that expensive pump bottle just out of your salary reach. Chances are if you are doing it right, most moisturizers will help.
Tips & Tricks:
- Long, hot showers strip skin of its moisture and wash away its protective oils. Limiting your showers to no more than ten minutes and keep the watr as close to cool as possible. Lock in the skin’s natural hydration by applying a cream or lotion within three minutes of exiting the bathtub or shower – if your skin feels dry, you’ve waited too long.
- Try these active ingredients: Humectants: These include glycerin, sorbitol, urea, or proylene glycol. They attract water by pulling it up from deeper skin layers. They’re good choices for people with oily skin as these lotions do not have any extra oil in them. Occlusives: Petroleum jelly, lanolin, and beeswax are good examples. They prevent water from evaporating and are good for people with dry skins. Barrier-repair compounds: These include ceramide, monolaurin, and linoleic acid. These ingredients often used in combination with others like cholesterol, help repair the skin’s barrier to prevent moisture loss and damage. Most anti-ageing, skin repairing or brightening lotions have these.
- Pricey, no need! Both pricey and cheaper products work about the same when it comes to simple body lotions – try reading the label before you shell out those extra bucks.
- Different needs, separate lotions: Your eyes needs eye cream; your lips need balm, your face needs a cream and your body a lotion. You have to keep multiple moisturizers for they all act differently – while you can pull of a body lotion as ahand and foot cream – let sensitive areas have their specialized hydration.
- Seasonal chanhes: You do not wear shorts in winters, do you? And nor do you wear sweaters for summers! So switch to lighter lotions and gels in hot, sultry months and go for the balms or butters in winters.
FAB BAG PICKS for some Skin lovin’!
- If your skin needs a soft, smooth and sensuous encounter – introduce it to The Nature’s Co Lavender Body Lotion. Dry, sensitive and mature skin will greatly benefit from Lavender’s antimicrobial, anti inflammatory & skin regenerative properties.
- Give your skin a rich and luscious bath treat with The Nature’s Co Coconut Creme Body wash. Its moisturizing properties works wonders on dry and flaky skin, making it smooth and silky.
- The Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream helps maintain the skin’s defense capacities and enhances cellular vitality to keep skin looking younger, longer. It is the ideal and expert daytime moisturizer beginning around age 40, and applying it makes the facial features gently “lift” with lines smoothed and contours better defined.
- The Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream is an expert renewing night treatment that ideally complements the action of Extra-Firming Day Cream. Upon application it ensures skin comfort and restores its supple aspect.
- The H2O+Marine Calm Face Complex protects delicate skin from the visible effects of environmental exposure with Japanese Green Tea, Paraguay Tea and Aloe Vera and is also fortified with allantoin and vitamins C, E and B5 to help support and revitalize the skin.
- The H2O+Face Hydrating treatment is an oil-free moisture gel that delivers deep hydration while minimizing the appearance of fine lines with phospholipids, multivitamin complex and moisturizing marine botanicals that rapidly replenish depleted skin and fill surface lines with a surge of moisture.
- The H2o+ Waterwhite Advanced Brightening Hydrator Cream is a moisture-intensive cream-gel hydrates and illuminates dull, depleted skin hydrating marine botanicals that provide instant hydration to visibly plump and smooth dry skin.