Published on August 5th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
FAB BAG PICKS: Thin Hair Styles
Voluminous hair maybe a thing of dreams but when you can’t have it – fake it! Here’s how to dress up thin hair in style…
Need a quick and hassle-free way to make limp hair look thicker and fuller? Add some curls!
Try minimal layering – curls just the ends is fine, and keep your hair length somewhere beyond the shoulders. Try a side parting instead of a centre one for a modern twist!
- Begin with applying a heat spray to hair and then let your hair dry well.
- Section hair and use the curling iron on the ends. Start with the bottom droput section and keep moving upwards.
- Curl the ends entirely and then spritz a little hair spray – little being the keyword!
An extra long bob is another superbly workable style for women with short and thin hair. Minimal layering is key with thin hair so the cut should be full with no layering. This will make your hair will look twice as thick! Soft side bangs or layers just in the front add some shape but do not take off any volume.
- Start with a volumising spray applied at the roots and comb through to detangle.
- Flip your head upside down and blow dry. Gravity helps the hair to dry with more volume.
- When your hair is almost dry, flip it back up and then use a large round brush to set. Curl and flip in the ends under for that nice rounded shape that looks gorgeous in a bob!
FAB BAG PICKS for Head over- voluminous hair
Volume Boost Conditioner gently detangles and smoothes without the commonly-used silicones that can weigh down fine hair. The caring formula is enriched with organic fruit extracts that promote hair health and condition, plus papaya and coconut extracts that work to add body and shine to limp, lacklustre hair. CLICK to view product.
Raise hair into spectacular stage-filling styles with the cushion particle technology that best combines full-on volume and sensual softness. Shake well to activate its 2-phase formula. Spray on damp hair. Blow-dry for extra body. Or air-dry to enhance waves and curls. CLICK to view product.
FreeFlow volumizing brush with 9 rows of widely spaced, smooth nylon pins set into a half round rubber pad to help create volume and movement in the hair for a softer, fuller look. Also ideal for detangling thicker, coarser hair types. CLICK to view product.