Published on September 1st, 2015 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
THERE SHE GOES: Waterfall Braid
Get the waterfall braid by Ayesha Mistry, Creative Director, Juice
From Mumbai to Dubai and from stylist to trainer, Ayesha Mistry’s philosophy is as follows “I believe that hair styling and make up is a form of art through which, I love to challenge myself creatively and express myself through my work”. Party hair for this season is curly, that hasn’t changed, however what has changed is the way people wear their curls now. While some prefer tonging their hair hence adding a lot of volume and texture into it, some an out-curl blow dry so they have a little bit of movement at the ends. What’s catching the eye this season is tons of braids!
- Start a French braid on one side of your head.
- Once you get past the ear, only braid in half of the bottom section of the hair, letting the other half of the section fall back down. Angle your hands so that your hair is moving towards the back of your head.
- Pick up a little more hair from the right besides the top section before you move your top section over to the middle once again. You will need to add the extra hair with the top section and fold over the middle section
- Now instead of folding the bottom section over the middle, drop it and pick up the section of hair that is loose next to the section (the hair left loose in step 2).
- As you fold the new clop of hair over the middle section, you will see the section that you dropped looks like a “waterfall”.
- Continue the same series of steps till you reach the other end.
FAB BAG PICKS
A protective serum that actually repairs damaged hair. Nourishing oils penetrate the cuticle and create a reflective surface when sealed in with a flat iron. Hair has a beautiful, natural sheen and silky smooth texture. This reparative, shine-enhancing serum is the go-to-solution when a straight, sleek style is wanted. CLICK to view product.
It gently detangles and smoothes without the commonly-used silicones that can weigh down fine hair. The caring formula is enriched with organic fruit extracts that promote hair health and condition, plus papaya and coconut extracts that work to add body and shine to limp, lacklustre hair. Volume Boost Conditioner gently glosses and builds body to leave your hair feeling lustrous and healthy. CLICK to view product.
Reduce excess oil for hair that looks clean and fresh all day using a balancing shampoo without silicones, sulphates, parabens or colorants. With pracaxi oil, white nettle, seaweed and Community Trade sugar and aloe vera. CLICK to view product.