Published on September 2nd, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
FAB BAG PICKS: Save Some Moolah
Beauty is as beauty saved, particularly when it comes to money!
Out of beauty products? Before you dash out to the nearest store and buy that product, plus 10 more – here’s a little cheat guide on substitutes!
- Out of cuticle oil or cream? Olive oil, lip balm or Vaseline will all do the job.
- Mascara clumped out? Use black liquid eyeliner instead. Swish the brush over the bottoms of your top lashes, then dab off excess with tissue.
- Creme blush swiped on lips can give you a sexy tint when you’re out of lipgloss. Also lipsticks or even glosses can be used as blush in a pinch
- Lemon juice works as a natural astringent when you’re out of toner.
- Brown or black eyeshadows can fill in lean brows—no need for pricey brow powder.
- In the shower with no body wash? Filch HIS shaving cream instead or slather your hair conditioner on instead; it leaves legs super-sexy.
- A drop of moisturiser de-frizzes hair almost as well as serum.
- Pressed powder blended with moisturiser is a great stand-in for concealer. As is the thick foundation gunk in the cap.
- A little shine serum can double as a mild brow gel.
- Run out of eyeliner? Use mascara on a small eyeshadow sponge or Q-tip and swipe on top of the lash line.
That said, here’s a little wonder product that saves time too!
OPI’s Nic’s Sticks Nail Paint
It’s as the tagline say – just pump, pain and go. No messy bottles that get stuck shut or brushes that take on too much nail paint or too little. Painting is easy, the brush is a great size and is actually easier than a bottle brush as it gets right to the edges of the nails. While the size of the product is handy, the actual product is just about 4ml, so the price of Rs 180 is good too! Since the nail polish is not exposed to the air, the polish doesn’t dry up. A word of caution: choose lighter shades as darker shades get messy….
FAB BAG PICKS
BIODERMA SENSIBIO H20: This dermatologicaly tested micellar water works as a toner, makeup remover and cleanser. It is sweared by international makeup artists and models alike. With this one, you’re not only using a raved product but using just one for 3 skincare needs. CLICK HERE to view product.
JUST HERBS LIVELYCLEAN HONEY EXFOLIATING FACE CLEANSING GEL: This every day-use foaming face cleansing gel is enriched with Neem, Holy Basil and Turmeric known for antiseptic properties. It provides gentle exfoliation with Arjuna, Symplocos bark and jojoba meal, banishes impurities from the clogged pores. CLICK HERE to view product.
THE NATURE’S CO. TEA TREE HAIR NOURISHING CREAM: Treat your hair to the nourishing goodness of our leave-on Tea Tree Hair Nourishing Cream. It contains tea tree oil that promotes a healthy scalp, leaving your hair revitalized and shiny. It also treats scalp infections and fights dandruff. CLICK HERE to view product.