Published on September 3rd, 2015 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
FAB BAG PICKS: A more ‘polished’ you
It’s time for you to show that glow…
We all exfoliate our face but mostly ignore our bodies – and to be party ready our arms, legs and even back needs to glow with health and vibrancy. Exfoliation is the first step to get that skin looking at its best. Here some of my top picks!
- That morning cuppa: Coffee grounds (the kind you use to make filter coffee or in a coffee maker, not instant please) has all the qualities of a good abrasive – it sloughs off dead skin cells without any wear and tear to the young, fresh skin underneath. The plus-plus of coffee is the caffeine that reduces the appearance of cellulite and also constricts blood vessels thereby reducing the appearance of varicose veins.
- Sugar rush: Let’s go with brown sugar (cane sugar aka shakkar). Why, you ask? Because brown sugar crystals are softer on the skin that your normal spoonful. Also, besides being anti-bacterial, brown sugar has glycolic acid – an alpha-hydroxy acid that really gets those dead skin cells off to reveal a more glowing you!
- Breakfast please: If you eat your bowl of oats regularly for a healthier you, try applying them too! The saponins in oats help to remove dirt from your pores thus deep-cleaning your skin for a superior glow. This effect, combined with oatmeal’s moisture-adding properties, gives your skin that soft glow after oatmeal cleanse. Plus its great to use on sensitive skin too!
To Use: For dry skin, you can simply mix your choice of abrasive with some cream (the eating or applying variety) or even olive oil. For oily skin, use yoghurt or even gentle soap as base.
FAB BAG PICKS
- Naked Forest Blend Bath/Body Salt Scrub is a wonderful aura & chakra cleanser, making this grounding Scrub the perfect way to wash off the day. Oils emulsify with the water on your body, leaving your skin perfectly moist. CLICK HERE to view product.
- For some citrusy TLC for your body skin, indulge in The Body Shop Moringa Body Scrub for radiant looking skin subtly scented with a delicate, floral fragrance. Stimulates the skin and removes dead skin cells when massaged into the skin. Leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and better prepared to absorb the next layer of moisture. CLICK HERE to view product.
- Nyassa Loofah Soaps are made in small batches where the clear base is poured over natural loofah. As you lather away, the soap nourishes the skin while the loofah acts on the rough areas of the knees, elbows and feet. CLICK HERE to view product.