Published on September 8th, 2015 | by Rima J Pundir
IN-BOX: The Right to Shower
It may sound gross, but we are covered head to toe in dead skin cells. A good bosy wahs sloughs off these dead skin cells for well, more dead skin cells. If dead cells on the surface are not sloughed off, they create a traffic jam behind them, preventing the next wave of dead cells from surfacing. This leads to clogged pores, blackheads, pimples and even cysts. Five your skin the much required TLC then and choose a good body cleanser…
- As per skin type: For as much time as we spend in it, most of us don’t know very much about our skin, especially what “skin type” we have. You may have: a “balanced” normal skin, a “shiny” oily skin, an “itchy” dry skin, a “reddish” sensitive skin or a “ping-pong” combination skin. Choose a body wash that made for your skin as opposed to any thing off the rack.
- Read the labels: Though body washes and cleansers just came in bottles? Wrong. You have so many “types” to choose from: mineral bath salts, foaming gels, bath oils, moisturizing bath bars, bubble bath, bath sponges, exfoliating soaps and antibacterial washes. Which to choose – no one product can be your skin’s elixir so it’s best to choose several different products, by rotation. You can use an exfoliating wash one day and vitamin-E enriched one the next and finally a purifying wash once a week. Do remember to consult a dermatologist if your skin gives you considerable problems, or if you have a skin condition such as rosacea before buying a new product.
- Scented or unscented? Most cleansers you’ll encounter will have some type of perfume added – you choose to smell like a mango or frangipani – plenty choice available. The downside is that you may find a great product, only to discover you smell like a big apple. Also sensitive skins don’t react well to the chemicals and perfumes. Unless you love scents and like layering – choose an unscented product that gives you all the benefits but no smell.
FAB BAG PICKS
- Need a body wash that’s tingly, minty, au naturel and completely vegetarian? Try the Nature’s Co Atmospure Spearmint Body Wash that suds up for a refreshing bath that leaves you feeling fresh and sanitised…
- Heat getting you, and your skin? Try the ultra-soothing Aqua Marina Cleanser from Lush – packed with soothing aloe vera and hydrating nori seaweed. A sun-burnt face will find gentle salvation in this.