Published on September 15th, 2015 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
FAB BAG PICKS: A “bad” salon
Stylist, hygiene or just a bedside manner – some clear signals that show that your salon might just be “bad”!
- A ‘rude’ stylist: I am fine with a stylist who’s not talkative and quietly does her work, but I take offence against the ones who look at my hair or my skin and shake their heads in a “my-god-you-should-have-come-earlier-to-me’ tch-tch empathy! My hair, my skin, my business. If something needs to be fixed, fix it; if there’s any genuine advise you need to give, give it – but do that in a normal conversational voice – if you are snooty, I can be snootier… And to the dogs with guest manners at a salon then.
- Dirty bathrooms: If there’s one thing I cannot stand, anywhere, its dirty crud-encrusted toilets. And if I find a dirty bathroom at a salon, then that’s it – vamoose! A salon is supposed to be hygiene-oriented and if they cannot begin with the basic – a bathroom then face it, I doubt they are paying attention to the other, more minute stuff.
- Making me wait: This is not a doctor’s office, though why we have to wait at a doctor’s is also a bit beyond me. But nonetheless, if 2pm is the time you gave me, either pre-inform me of a delay or get the stylist to be there on time, no matter what. A low-point has been a salon asking me to be on time due to a chockablock schedule, upon which I was, only to discover that the stylist was out for lunch, for a full 25 minutes.
- We don’t cut children’s hair: Well, advertise is somewhere then, or put up a sign board – but elaborate shoulder shrugs and not-so-hidden eye rolls is not what would make you retain a customer.
- LISTEN to me: If I ask you to cut my hair shoulder length, please do not cut them shorter than that – there are multitudinous reasons I ask you, the stylist, for something. Listen to me, and if you feel otherwise, tell me before you so something, not after.
FAB BAG PICKS
A 10-in-1 eye shadow palette sounds a little too good to be true, right? Well the Beauty UK Eye Shadow Palette is actually made up of all things bright and good – to really set your magical eyes a class apart! In colourful Soho, neutral Naked and a very earthy Earth Child! CLICK HERE to view product.
Lord & Berry Raincoat waterproof mascara perfectly resists water and humidity yet very gentle on the lashes. After makeup removal you will find lashes completely treated and conditioned. CLICK HERE to view product.
Be A Bombshell Eye Shadow Quad brings to you a high pigmented eye shadow that helps you get creative everyday. Formulated for long lasting wear. CLICK HERE to view product.
That’s my grouse list against salons – tell me yours?