Published on December 14th, 2015 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
PARTY PICKS: 7 Super LBDs
Beauty is not just about make-up, but pairing the right make-up with the right dress. Here are seven of our favourite celebrity LBD looks along with jaw-dropping make-up!
It’s not easy being under the spotlight – from make-up gaffes to wardrobe malfunctions – they live a much scrutinized life. If they look good it has to be the cosmetic surgery and if they look bad, it has to be the lifestyle! So here’s giving 10 gals a break, and applause for their really well put together looks.
- Anne Hathaway gets it so right in her ultra simple and stylish turtleneck black sheath – she pairs it with black heels and a black clutch with just simple studs. Her make-up is powerful – a clean complexion with darkened brows, rosy cheeks and a dark red lipstick. Boldly feminine all through.
- Loved this black number of Charlize Theron – it’s a girlie LBD and she carried it off to perfection. She shows of a great tan, has her hair side-swept into a bun – studs in her ears and some bangles in her watch hand look pretty. The makeup is a tad beachy – coral pink lips with plenty bronzer. Oh, and love those heels.
- Elizabeth Olsen is not a fashion favourite of mine – but I do like the picture she paints with this red and black cape dress. The side swept curls add some dimension – the makeup is classic Hollywood – lined eyes and soft red lips. I love the fact that she kept the red to accents and wore black heels. Stylish and not OTT at all.
- Emma Roberts is perhaps what every girl wants to look like at her prom night or first date out – incredibly feminine and pretty – the black frock dress is just right for her. The beachy waves with muted black clutch, heels and makeup that’s barely there – perfect!
- Gemma Arterton looks oh-so-pretty in this black not-so-little tube dress. The smokey eyes with a nude coral lipstick match her blush and radiant complexion – the oxblood nail paint and the neon green clutch is oh-so-stylish.
- And then there’s Lily Collins – she probably breathes stylishly too! Her dark brows highlight her soft feminine looks and she dresses up in the same sartorial style – her dress is a mix of the bold and the feminine. Paired with peep-toe shoes and a black clutch, she’s looks pixie-like.
- Finally we come to Victoria Beckham aka Posh, the fairer half of the Posh-and-Becks. Trust her to do something off the rack with an LBD. Though her reed-thin figure and sculpted face is not what I dub as wholesome beauty, she still is extremely stylish. Her shiny LBD coupled with barely-there accessories look super.
FAB BAG PICKS
Say hi to the LA Splash Glitter Eyeliner (Liquid) in some really super shades! The liquid liner ensures you have a really precision definition and the super gorgeous colours, with ample glitter up the oomph factor in your eyes! Liquid and crease-resistant – they promise to give your eyes a stay-on promise of 12 hours plus extra durability couple with glitter and irresistible colour – go on, we dare you to not fall in love with them! CLICK to view product.
This luxurious summer shimmer is a blend of 10 essential oils and shimmer particles that coat the body with gloss & scintillation making the body soft to touch & divine to caress. CLICK to view product.
A beautiful trio of eyeshadows made from pure mineral pigments, this Natio Mineral Trio Eyeshadow in Fresh provides crease-free, long-lasting colour in three complementary hues-from shimmer through to matte! Pop this handy Natio Mineral Trio Eyeshadow in Fresh into your bag and enjoy gorgeous looks on the go! These complementary tones make perfecting any eye look a cinch! CLICK to view product.
Here’s wishing you the best for your quest for that LBD – the sales are just about over!