Published on January 28th, 2016 | by Ahana Basu
Power of Make-up
Foundation, powder, blush and bronzer can remake your face completely and you have any so many items to experiment with. You can use a brush, a sponge or just your fingers.
- Blusher is used on top of powder traditionally to add rosy cheeks to a slightly paler face where as an earthier toned shades just add dimension to a face. With blusher one or two sweeping strokes with a big fluffy brush will do the job of looking naturally glowing rather than china-doll-pink-cheeks.
- With bronzer be careful with the amount you put on. Many people may not even need it at all. It should be applied in the same way as blusher except with more care as you don’t want to look orange. To achieve a chiseled look apply a bronzer that is two times darker than your skin tone to the hollows of your cheeks. This is called contouring and creates the illusion of more prominent cheekbones
- You can also try using a concealer. For the under-eye area, a yellow blended concealer works well as it brightens eyes and hides dark circles. For around nose or mouth believe it or not but a green-based concealer works best as it conceals redness.
- If you have a broad forehead (a five head!); dust a matte bronzer along your hairline and on your temples. The bronzer will create a shadow that will make you forehead appear smaller. To create the illusion of a smaller nose, dust a highlighter powder down the bridge of your nose. The lighter color will make the sides of your nose appear smaller.
- This is my favorite part of make-up because there’s just so much you can do, from liners to pencils to eyeshadows.
- For a flirty look a cat-eye flick looks best – the eyeliner swoops up from the eyelash line on top and stops at your chosen length. When applying eyeliner on the lower lids, apply it thinner on the inside of the eye and thicker as it goes towards the outside of the eyes.
- White eyeliner-is used to open eyes up and make them appear to be bigger. Remember less is more.
- Enhance your eye colour with eyeshadow shades that will make your eyes pop. For brown or hazel eyes, golds and browns are gorgeous as are blues. Blue eyes look great with blue-gray, coppers, gold and browns and dark eyes look fantastic with deep rich shades.
To plump up thin lips, I recommend lip gloss. Add a little colour first by filling in lips with a lip liner or lipstick a shade or two darker than your natural lip color, then add a dab of gloss on top and voila! An instant lip plumper.
FAB BAG PICKS
Lollipops Paris Anti Cernes Concealer: A liquid concealer specially for sensitive skin which mattifies and conceals imperfections. The foam applicator makes it easy to apply. It leaves your skin unified, soft, and smooth with a non-greasy long-lasting formula. It is has an SPF 15, is enriched with anti-ageing vitamin E, and is paraben-free. CLICK HERE to view product
Bourjois Smoky Eyes Eye Shadow: Contained in a modern and feminine compact case, are three hues of complementary intensity. At the back, professional make up artist tips will help you to achieve step by step a “classic smoky” or a “fashion smoky” eye look. CLICK HERE to view product.
Palladio Herbal Lipstick: With luxurious moisture and pigment, this electrifying formula comes in 33 high-fashion shades that are sure to make heads turn. Full-coverage properties keep color in place for hours without drying the lips. CLICK HERE to view product.