Published on February 1st, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Red is the Colour
Top ten red
- Slim, slender and stunner Deepika Padukone looked ravishing draped in a white sari, matching accessories and the red lips to compliment her classy amalgamation of makeup and hairdo to make her look even more taller. She appeared recently for a night out at Olive (Mumbai) to celebrate Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s 50th birthday celebration.
- Kareena Kapoor in this picture is reminding me of late 70′s and early 80′s fashion trends both in her outfit and makeup. A red pout accentuates her jaw line and making it more prominent. The hairstyle is completely in sync with the time, the puff curled inside and long curls behind the shoulder. This photo shot was taken for a fashion Magazine Notch.
- Without mentioning Marilyn Monroe’s luscious red lips and full pout, this list will be incomplete. Her iconic beauty cannot be separated from her exclusive style statement of red lips, fresh and glowing skin and curly locks hanging on the forehead.
- The ever-young ever-stunning Rekha matches red lips with mascara laden eyelashes, glowing rosy cheeks and a small bindi that blends undoubtedly with her off white kundan-work silk sari and gold & pearl jewellery.
- Bipasha Basu turned heads around with her appearance in a red gown, curly locks, cat eye make-up and an unmistakable red pout at an appearance at the Sheffield Hallam Arena. Minimalistic jewellery made the look perfect.
- Anne Hathaway’s androgynous neatly combed-back bang with a feminine red lipstick shade looked oh-s-sexy. Brown eyes with mascara laden eyelashes and sparkling smile made this picture perfect, don’t miss out small ear studs. Black and red is the perfect combo for any red-carpet event.
- Nicole Kidman’s mesmerising ocean blue eyes are in perfect match with the back drop along with fiery red straight cut, boat neck dress and full lips in red and rosy apple cheeks. She wore simple earrings and a bracelet to complete the look.
- Drew Barrymore with innocent looks and a child-like grin steals the show in red. She is one amongst the few whose lips are made for red shades only. Not to miss the hair piece going with the blue dress. A blue eye liner and blue eye shadow with perfect hues make her look like a teenager.
- Scarlett Johansson never goes wrong with the choice of lips she prefers to wear; especially nothing suits her better than scarlet. That’s the colour she gives her lips to get that red-hot red carpet look. With mascara and eyeliner only on the top eyelash and slight pink brushed away cheeks, she gets the oomph factor right. In a candid confession she revealed carrying a red lip colour at all times in her bag.
- This list will not be complete until we include the person who brought pout into the limelight, Angelina Jolie. Red lip colour with outlined black eyes and just studs to compliment her arrival and an equally gorgeous dress sense is what makes her stand out amongst the rest!
FAB BAG PICKS: Top 3 Red Lips
- MUA LIPSTICK: With just one swipe you’ll have fantastic colour pay off resulting in gorgeous lips! Why not pick a shade you’ve not tried before and get a new look. CLICK HERE to view this product
- TOMMY G DUAL LIPSTICK: Use this dual lipstick from Greece’s biggest cosmetics group to discover the deepest pigmented, long lasting product you’d have ever tried. CLICK HERE to view this product
- FLORMAR REVOLUTION LIPSTICK: Created in 1950 in Milan, Flormar is now a part of the French cosmetics group, Yves Rocher. Available in 70 countries, it is the market leader in Turkey. Revolution is their premium lipstick containing shea butter, cocoa, olives, a super pigment and easy 8 hr staying power. CLICK HERE to view this product