Published on February 4th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Blow-drying is a diva’s ultimate tool – but if you are a hairdryer bumbler – chances are, a hair dryer leaves you and your hair in shambles! So here are 5 tips that will ensure your hair responds well to drying and becomes your crowning glory instead of a disaster!
- Section: It’s really not as difficult as it sounds. Also bending over at your waist and blow-drying until you get dizzy will not help you, or your hair! Once you have detangled your hair, keep duckbill clips or clutchers nearby – make a minimum of three horizontal sections and clip up the others.
- The wrong hand: Table manners demand the dominant hand to hold the knife; similarly, it’s the brush you should be holding in the dominant hand. The brush needs to be moved with dexterity, not the dryer.
- Pull up, not down: A naturally inclination is to pull the brush towards gravity – but that flattens the hair across the scalp – no voluminous mane then! Pull the hair halfway up towards the sky (okay, the ceiling!) – hold the brush at mid length. The hair till mid-length should be blasted upwards while the hair falling below can be styled downwards.
- Smoking strands: Holding the dryer too close to the hair will only fry it and damage the hair cuticle. Also hair that is still damp is akin to spraying water on a hot pan – it will sizzle – and we do not mean that in a sexy way…
- Too much, too sun: The cardinal sin of drying is drying the hair as if there were no tomorrow. A hair dryer is a styling tool – not an omigod-I’m-late-for-work tool – it’s better to let damp hair air dry their way to your office, rather than trying to dry hair by blow drying. Use a dryer on almost dry hair – with a thermal hair protectant in place and when you have the time to spare!
Hair products you absolutely must try:
Brocato Actives Restorative Hair Infusion Serum: A protective serum that actually repairs damaged hair. Nourishing oils penetrate the cuticle and create a reflective surface when sealed in with a flat iron. Hair has a beautiful, natural sheen and silky smooth texture. This reparative, shine-enhancing serum is the go-to-solution when a straight, sleek style is wanted. When applied before flat ironing, hair is infused with amazing shine. In limited testing, we have found that blow drying hair is 40% faster! CLICK to view product
Wella Enrich Combo: Repair and protect dry and damaged hair to leave it full of with vitality. Task-specific products.Enrich Moisturising Shampoo:Light volumising shampoo that leaves even fine hair full of volume and vitality.Enrich Moisturising Treatment:Light and high conditioning levels available. Both formulas are infused with silk extract to repair dry damaged hair. CLICK to view product
Nyassa Shampoo-Rosemary: Nature holds some of the best secrets to healthy and luxuriant hair, and nyassa brings some of that to you in this shampoo. Fortified with an additional ingredient and a lasting fragrance, this is what your need for natural and effective hair care. Rosemary Shampoo contains Rosemary extracts and Quinoa protein that help to stimulate hair growth and smoothen it. CLICK to view product