Published on February 7th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Desi Girl Goes International
Team up your Indian attire with an international makeup look and win his heart over again (mom-in-law will approve too!). Here’s how…
This season try red lips and dramatic eyeliner in fusion ethnic – mixing the best of Indian with the best of Hollywood… The twist – matte red lips instead of dripping glossy, an orangey blush rather than pink rose tones and black liner with a little bindi!
- Start with the basics – wash and clean your face well, moisturise and then pat down with a compact.
- Use a concealer or foundation only if you need heavy cover, else a super glossy skin is perfect.
- Now, use a base eye shadow (or simply use your foundation) all over your eyes and then line the upper lid. You can opt for jewel tones that accent your outfit rather than going conventionally black if you so wish. Extend the line dramatically outside the eyes. Use mascara and kohl to further frame those peepers.
- An orangey blush really lights up your cheeks and complements all Indian skin tones.
- Now use a flesh-coloured liner and line your lips well. Then run foundation over lips and then blot once with a tissue. Use a matte red on your lips and skip the gloss.
- Hair set in an traditional bun or even a fishtail braid with loose tendrils framing your face really sets the look in place. Paired with a great Indian outfit with all the accessories in place, this look is sure to make you sparkle this festive season…
Festive makeup we love:
3) Bourjois Queen Attitude Mascara: Inspired by Cleopatra, the queen of beauty herself, the NEW Queen Attitude mascara has been designed to volumise and lengthen your lashes in a side way sweep, Cleopatra-style! Perfect for creating a wide-eyed look, its lash-directing bristles are angled in such a way so as to stretch lashes towards the outer corners to enlarge and open up the eyes. CLICK HERE to view this product