Published on February 11th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Larger Than Life Lashes
- Applying two or even three coats of mascara simply means that you apply them one after another, “before” they dry. If you apply another coat of mascara on a dried one, the only result you will get is clumping!
- If you want to use both lengthening and curling mascara, you can! Use the lengthening mascara as first coat followed by a quick coat of curling mascara.
- To get glob-free lashes, you can run a lash comb or if that’s too much effort a clean and recycled mascara wand to pick off any excess deposit.
- To get lusher lashes, concentrate on wiggling the wand at the base of the lashes – that’s where the maximum product should be. Always wiggle the wand as you pull it toward the end of the lashes – wiggling separates the lashes and avoids clumping.
- Coloured mascara is good… Black works for everyone but can be a bit harsh for the day. Blue and purple mascara looks great on brown/black eyes.
- Most of the mascara should come on your upper lashes for a facelift. If you have to apply it to the lower lashes, make it a light touch.
- Finally, do let the mascara dry out before you open those peepers wide lest you get mascara dot all over the upper lid – I have rather long and curled lashes so this a common problem I face. Just keep those eyes shut for 2-3 minutes and then lightly touch the lash to see if the mascara has dried.
Mascara’s we love:
- PALLADIO HERBAL MASCARA: These Herbal Mascaras are uniquely packaged with a brush and lash separator on one end. They are fortified with Panthenol and B5 Vitamin that help strengthen and thicken lashes and enriched with 5 beneficial Herbs: Ginseng, Green Tea, Gingko Biloba, Chamomile and Aloe Vera for conditioning. CLICK HERE to view this product.
- MAX FACTOR MASTERPIECE MAX HIGH VOLUME & DEFINITION MASCARA: One swipe of its high tech IFX brush gives a chic, catwalk finish in seconds. No wonder its was the official mascara of Milan Fashion Week. CLICK HERE to view this product
- BOURJOIS VOLUMIZER MASCARA: The new Volumizer mascara works in just 2 steps to build up to 11 x more volume, clump-free. Its secret? AN INNOVATIVE TRANSFORMABLE BRUSH*. CLICK HERE to view this product.
Pro Tip: Carefully look a little down, at a 45-degree angle. Now hold the mascara wand close to the lash line and gently draw it out and upwards. Repeat. Do the same with your lower lashes – looking upwards and drawing the wand downwards and outwards. DO NOT PUMP the wand to get more colour – gently swirl.