Published on March 8th, 2016 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Age No Bar
While advancing years is an unfortunate inevitability, sagging, blotchy and wrinkled skin is not…
Whoever said that age is just a number must have followed their CTM and exfoliating routine well. All you have to do is stick to some well chosen, age-appropriate beauty habits, and make necessary changes as you go along. No clue what products are right for your years? Here are some simple guidelines.
- You’re in the bloom of youth, those troublesome teenage hormones are finally in control, and you’re looking the best you ever have: Enjoy it! But as you juggle those last few exams, job interviews and (the best part) your love life, remember to give your skin some TLC, as this will determine how you look when you’re 40. The trick is to adopt and religiously stick to a few simple habits that will help your skin sustain that youthful glow well into your 30s.
- To retain your complexion and prevent the onset of sun spots that are the first signs of aging, make sunscreen a non-negotiable part of your daily routine. Opt for a sun block that is enriched with zinc and has a minimum sun protection factor of 20. Apply about 10 minutes before stepping out on all exposed parts of your body, and reinforce whenever necessary.
- Don’t cheat on the CTM routine. Cleanse with a mild oil-free wash, tone with a natural astringent like rose water, and moisturise to a degree that suits your skin’s needs. And no matter how wild the night has been, take time to remove your make-up to keep those pores squeaky clean.
- If you want to start early to keep aging at bay, apply a cream enriched with retinoid – truly an elixir for youth –concentrating around the eyes. This will stimulate collagen production and continue to keep your skin firm and supple as the years pass.
- Those wild euphoric nights and terrible mornings after have perhaps given way to more sobering thoughts of savings and family planning. But as you work towards those promotions or scamper behind your toddler, remember that your aging skin needs some lovin’ too. No matter how good you’ve been, that first hint of a fine line has probably has made its appearance, with freckles and sunspots to give it company, leading to lacklustre and uneven pallor: this is your skin’s clarion call for exfoliation.
- Use a gentle cleaning scrub often to stimulate the dermis into producing more collagen and maintaining an optimum cell turnover. Keep using the retinoid enriched night cream, but add glycolic and salicylic acid to the menu. Hydrate with a cream cleanser to avoid electrostatic imbalance that generates free radicals, which in turn leaves tell-tale signs of aging.
- If there was ever a time to enlist the support of anti-oxidants, it’s now. Choose moisturisers and cleansers rich in green tea, pomegranate, Vitamins A, C and B, which will keep those free radicals at bay and repair any tissue damage. Choose a sunscreen with antioxidants too.
- Chomp on veggies and nuts and pop a cod-liver oil capsule a day to add to the glow from inside. Also, invest in a good under-eye cream to keep unsightly eye bags in check
Fab Anti-Ageing picks
- JUST HERBS HERBAL ANTI-WRINKLE FACE PACK: A texturising and nourishing pack, it rejuvenates and tones the skin texture and restores collagen elasticity for an extra firm and youthful skin with renewed vitality. CLICK HERE to view this product
- NATIO AGELESS DUAL ACTION CLEANSER AND EXFOLIATOR: A heavy-duty cleanser, fortified with natural ingredients, to cleanse and exfoliate at the same time. Leaves skin radiant and younger looking. CLICK HERE to view this product
- NYASSA FACE WASH-HONEY & SAFFRON: For all day freshness, the Nyasa Face Wash is all you need. Made out of Honey and Saffron extracts, this refreshing face wash, moisturises and keeps skin blemish-free! CLICK HERE to view this product