Published on March 23rd, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
How to go Bold
From fashion runways to the almost goth lips of Camilla Belle, from Lana del Rey’s strikingly dark lips at the Met Gala to even JLo’s look at the red carpet premier of ‘What to Expect when You’re Expecting’, the new “nude’ is dark! While JLo pulled off her wine-drenched lips with equally smouldering eyes, Camilla Belle does it with almost nude make-up but lots of blush – here’s a breakdown of the look.
How to get it:
- The key to sporting the black cherry lip trend is to have a clean, nude face. Begin with a cleansed and toned face and apply the serum you are loyal to, so as to plump out the skin the best you can for a glowing visage.
- Next use your trusty foundation to give you a flawless complexion but let the concealer be; too many layers will only detract from the bold look you intend to create.
- For the eyes, stick to mascara and skip the shadow or kohl lest you end up looking goth instead of trendy dark cherry lips.
- Blush-up in a darker than usual blush – or layer a little more of it. You do need to create rosy cheeks else the dark lips may make you look washed out!
- For the lips, pick a shade that complements your skin tone. For example, pink-berry tones highlight fair skin, while more of a brick red hue livens up a golden/olive skin tone. Also, you don’t need to invest in the darkest shade of lipper that you may or may not wear often. Instead layer a maroon/pink/red lipstick over a mauve/purple one to create the same effect.
- As for your hair – go Hollywood coiffure or styled waves to complete the look!
Fab Bag Picks
It’s ready to wear formula is enriched with ¼ of pure laque for a radiant, glossy finish and orchid blossom extract so it glides onto the lips leaving them feeling smooth, hydrated and protected for up to 10 hours. A “must-have” lipstick for every woman’s make-up bag. CLICK to view product.
FLORMAR DELUXE SHINE GLOSS LIPSTICK: It’s super formula enriched with the much acclaimed Argan oil, Vitamin E, Omega 6 and cacao butter – makes it ultra-hydrating and nourishing while the colour really makes a statement. CLICK HERE to view this product
MUA LIPSTICK: Make a statement with our show stopping shades. Make Up Academy provides trend shades on a budget, allowing you to achieve the latest looks without breaking the bank. CLICK HERE to view this product