Published on April 16th, 2016 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Beachy Waves Tutorial
Any guesses what’s the newest hair trend hitting fashion town? Boho chic waves that are perfect, when they are not!
This season is all about enviable beach waves, and now, we aren’t talking the water variety. The trend’s an undeniable hit irrespective of your hair’s length and we simply love its versatility. You can try large loose curls or tighter retro ones for a more polished take on the style. In short, runway or red carpet, everyone is demanding for effortlessly styled wavy hair. Originally, beach waves formed after a swim, while sun-bathing with wet hair. Now and then, sandy fingers with sun screen on them would be run through the hair giving it some extra structure and additional shine. Styled beach waves borrow their looks from this natural style. Nearly every celeb from Jessica Biel, Kate Hudson to Lauren Conrad is flaunting the luxurious loose wave. Beach waves are perfect when they are not perfect. That is their special appeal. And the best part, they are surprisingly easy to create and have minimum styling efforts.
Get the look:
- Work volumising mousse through towel-dry hair and then part it in the middle and blow-dry. Don’t use a brush but run your fingers through your hair instead. If you have the time, allow your tresses to air-dry.
- Partition your hair on three levels around the head and temporarily hold them using a scrunchy or hair slides. Make sure to apply heat protectant to your mane before you style.
- Start styling the lowest part of your hair. Use an about ¾-inch thick curling iron to create casual curls. Keep the curling iron in vertical position while winding strands of hair around it away from your face.
- Allow the strand to stay on the curling iron for about five seconds before taking the curling iron out. Pull at the end of the curl to give it a wavy shape.
- Once you are done with the lower part of the hair, curl the middle part in the same fashion but curl the strands toward your face.
- Finally, curl the top part of your hair away from your face.
- After you have created the curls run your fingers through your hair while shaking your hair at the same time for a tousled look.
- Use some more mousse underneath the root portion of the middle partition of your hair for more bounce.
- Finally, use hairspray to keep your beach waves fresh longer.
If you’re not a big fan of styling irons, there’s a natural (yet longer) way to get those waves. Add some mousse to your tresses and then make several braids in your hair. If you want a volumized and rich-textured hairdo, make the braids small sized and plenty. On the other hand, fans of large and more prominent and romantic waves would have to keep the number of braids low. You can sleep with the wet braids, but ideally blow-dry the braids to prevent hair breakage. In the morning all you have to is to unravel your braids and use your fingers to create the best effect. You can use a detangling spray as a finishing touch to your natural looking dapper beach waves. This tip would also allow you to enjoy the volume and rich texture of your strands.
FAB BAG PICKS
SeaSoul Moroccan “Liquid Gold” Hair Treatment: This versatile treatment is a perfect leave-in conditioner which speeds up the drying time and restores hair from heating, styling, chemical and environmental damage. CLICK HERE to view product.
RUSK Wired Styling Crème: This styling gel provides flexible body and pliable style support as it creates incredible texture. It lifts, shines and creates soft, gravity defying body on dry hair. CLICK HERE to view product.
The Nature’s Co. Tea Tree Hair Nourishing Cream: Treat your hair to the nourishing goodness of our leave-on Tea Tree Hair Nourishing Cream. It contains tea tree oil that promotes a healthy scalp, leaving your hair revitalized and shiny. It also treats scalp infections and fights dandruff. CLICK HERE to view product.