Published on April 25th, 2016 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Makeup the natural way!
Always wanted the au naturel look but don’t know how or where to begin? Make-up should be a secret weapon in your arsenal of beauty, secret being the key word. Looking natural doesn’t entail going make-up free but to use the right shades with a light hand enough to create a modicum of perfection, but without being too perfect! Here’s how to go about getting a ‘fresh’ look that is sure to set hearts racing…
- Hair: Keep your natural texture alive – straight, wavy or downright kinky – all is good. Just gather hair back loosely on the nape of your neck and make a messy ponytail. Leave a few tendrils free and use a styling spray to curl a little with your finger (or use a curling iron if you have poker straight hair). Spritz a little hair spray to keep the “messy-ness” in place and in control.
- Skin: While you are doing your hair, put on a quick face mask to give your skin a lift. You can actually slip the face mask into the fridge for 15-20 minutes – the coldness will refresh your skin further. Else, dip a cotton pad in cold milk to exfoliate and brighten your skin, and apply all over your face, neck and décolleté. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Nails: Nails can be painted in shades of nude, pink or in a transparent shade.
- Face: For the day, use serum and sunscreen and let both sit on your skin and dry before you start with any colour. Next, use a tinted moisturiser (else mix foundation with moisturizer in equal potions) and then seal with a compact. For the night, skip the sunscreen and use two parts foundation to one part moisturiser for more coverage.
- Eyes: For fair skin, use a soft crème eye shadow in pink or peach on the upper eyelid and a soft white eye shadow on the lower eyelid; blend well. For dusky skin dress up eyes in bronze eye shadow applied evenly. Use a soft brown liner on the lower lid. A single coat of mascara completes the look for either.
- Cheeks: For fair skin, use a deep blush just a little to the side of your cheeks and for the dusky, opt for a darker blush or simply use a bronzer…
- Lips: Top off lips with a soft pink gloss if fair or glossy beige if dusky.
- Accessories: One bling accessory is enough – it could be a whopper of a diamond ring, or faux diamante drops or just a pendant that winks for attention. In jewellery too, less is more!
FAB BAG PICKS for Natural Glam Look
SeaSoul HD Finish BB Cream with SPF 20 : HD Finish BB Cream is a makeup that cares for your skin. It is a multi-functional product that is healthy & calms irritated skin while providing a natural, flawless & a “No Makeup” finish. This one step Dead Sea Minerals based HD formulation covers blemishes, minimizes pores, visibly corrects uneven skin tone, smoothens, lightens & brightens skin. This unique formula contains Plant Stem Cells, Moroccan Argan, Noni Fruit &Goji Berries known for Hydration, Firming, Nourishing, Anti Bacterial, Anti Oxidant & Anti Ageing properties. The broad Spectrum SPF20 protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. CLICK HERE to view product.
Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm : The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about. CLICK HERE to view product.
Max Factor Masterpiece Max High Volume & Definition Mascara : Finding a high impact volumising mascara that doesn’t leave your lashes looking clumpy and clogged can be a challenge. Masterpiece Max mascara is the next generation of mascara. It delivers bold, thick lashes with up to 400% volume* but defines and smoothes at the same time for a surprisingly, sleek effect. One swipe of its high tech IFX brush gives a chic, catwalk finish in seconds–no wonder its was the official mascara of Milan Fashion Week. CLICK HERE to view product.