Published on April 25th, 2016 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Makeup the natural way!
Sometimes less is more when it comes to makeup! But to get that perfect look here is what one should do…
Always wanted the au naturel look but don’t know how or where to begin? Make-up should be a secret weapon in your arsenal of beauty, secret being the key word. Looking natural doesn’t entail going make-up free but to use the right shades with a light hand enough to create a modicum of perfection, but without being too perfect! Here’s how to go about getting a ‘fresh’ look that is sure to set hearts racing…
- Hair: Keep your natural texture alive – straight, wavy or downright kinky – all is good. Just gather hair back loosely on the nape of your neck and make a messy ponytail. Leave a few tendrils free and use a styling spray to curl a little with your finger (or use a curling iron if you have poker straight hair). Spritz a little hair spray to keep the “messy-ness” in place and in control.
- Skin: While you are doing your hair, put on a quick face mask to give your skin a lift. You can actually slip the face mask into the fridge for 15-20 minutes – the coldness will refresh your skin further. Else, dip a cotton pad in cold milk to exfoliate and brighten your skin, and apply all over your face, neck and décolleté. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Nails: Nails can be painted in shades of nude, pink or in a transparent shade.
- Face: For the day, use serum and sunscreen and let both sit on your skin and dry before you start with any colour. Next, use a tinted moisturiser (else mix foundation with moisturizer in equal potions) and then seal with a compact. For the night, skip the sunscreen and use two parts foundation to one part moisturiser for more coverage.
- Eyes: For fair skin, use a soft crème eye shadow in pink or peach on the upper eyelid and a soft white eye shadow on the lower eyelid; blend well. For dusky skin dress up eyes in bronze eye shadow applied evenly. Use a soft brown liner on the lower lid. A single coat of mascara completes the look for either.
- Cheeks: For fair skin, use a deep blush just a little to the side of your cheeks and for the dusky, opt for a darker blush or simply use a bronzer…
- Lips: Top off lips with a soft pink gloss if fair or glossy beige if dusky.
- Accessories: One bling accessory is enough – it could be a whopper of a diamond ring, or faux diamante drops or just a pendant that winks for attention. In jewellery too, less is more!
FAB BAG PICKS for Natural Glam Look
SeaSoul HD Finish BB Cream with SPF 20 : HD Finish BB Cream is a makeup that cares for your skin. It is a multi-functional product that is healthy & calms irritated skin while providing a natural, flawless & a “No Makeup” finish. This one step Dead Sea Minerals based HD formulation covers blemishes, minimizes pores, visibly corrects uneven skin tone, smoothens, lightens & brightens skin. This unique formula contains Plant Stem Cells, Moroccan Argan, Noni Fruit &Goji Berries known for Hydration, Firming, Nourishing, Anti Bacterial, Anti Oxidant & Anti Ageing properties. The broad Spectrum SPF20 protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. CLICK HERE to view product.
Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm : The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about. CLICK HERE to view product.
Max Factor Masterpiece Max High Volume & Definition Mascara : Finding a high impact volumising mascara that doesn’t leave your lashes looking clumpy and clogged can be a challenge. Masterpiece Max mascara is the next generation of mascara. It delivers bold, thick lashes with up to 400% volume* but defines and smoothes at the same time for a surprisingly, sleek effect. One swipe of its high tech IFX brush gives a chic, catwalk finish in seconds–no wonder its was the official mascara of Milan Fashion Week. CLICK HERE to view product.