Published on May 9th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Dried-up Mascara Fix
Brand new tubes seem to dry up in no time leaving you with a cheated feeling – just when you really needed to dress up those lashes!
It’s late in the evening and you’re wondering what to wear, as you reach for your make up, you are met with a rather nasty little shock… The wand that holds the secret ingredient to those long, thick eyelashes is full of hardened black goo! Before you think of throwing out that mascara, here are some little quick fixes you can turn to!
Throw, oh no!
According to many experts the best way to combat a drying wand of mascara is to toss it in the bin. Considering the fact that the shelf-life of mascara is not more than say 6-8 months, it is perhaps a good idea. But if the product is within the expiry date, and has served you well, it truly does deserve one more chance!
Oiled to perfection
Did you know that one of the best ways to get your mascara up, about and performing again is right within your reach? Add just a few drops of baby oil and stir the brush through the container (no pumping) – your mascara will be almost as good as new!
A water bath
Another easy way to get your mascara in action again is to let it soak comfortably in some warm water. Needless to say, it will not just loosen it up; it will melt it enough for you to use it again! Place the tightly closed tube of mascara (once water seeps in, your mascara may never be the same!) in a container full of warm water. The warm water loosens the mascara ‘goo’ and restores it to a state of emergency, where it can be applied for at least a couple of more times.
- Your mascara mostly dries out due to the ‘pumping’ action you put it through. Once the applicator is inside the tube, the narrow fit ensures that there is enough product on the applicator. Pumping the applicator in and out exposes the mascara to air and dries it up faster – so this one is a ‘no can do’ if you want your little magic wand to last!
- If you don’t tightly close the mascara between uses, you are sure to have come across many a dried tube!
- Lastly, wetting the applicator with glycerine or water is a bad idea – instead of liquefying your dried mascara, it changes the consistency thus causing uneven application and clumpy lashes…
Mascaras we love:
- Palladio Herbal Mascara: These Mascaras are fortified with Panthenol and B5 Vitamin that help strengthen and thicken lashes and are enriched with 5 beneficial Herbs: Ginseng, Green Tea, Gingko Biloba, Chamomile and Aloe Vera for conditioning. CLICK HERE to view this product
- Natio Mascara Extreme Volume: Get longer, thicker looking lashes that last all day without flaking, smearing or clumping. The silky, smudge-proof formula perfectly separates and thickens lashes in an instant. CLICK HERE to view this product
- Max Factor Masterpiece Max High Volume & Definition Mascara: Finding a high impact volumising mascara that doesn’t leave your lashes looking clumpy and clogged can be a challenge. Masterpiece Max mascara is the next generation of mascara. It delivers bold, thick lashes with up to 400% volume. CLICK HERE to view this product.