Published on May 14th, 2016 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Egg-cellent For Beauty
Eggs are a one-stop food that can make you look like a super model, give you hair like Rapunzel’s and skin like Snow White’s. For the longest time, this rich food source had been suffering a bad reputation for being high in cholesterol and fat, but that’s all changed. Now, more and more people are including eggs in their diet and even in their beauty menus.
Egg-cellent for Health
It’s common knowledge that eggs come highly recommended as a source of protein. The reason; the protein in eggs is absorbed more readily by the body than other foods, so it’s great for fussy eater and people vulnerable to poor nutrition. Besides being a source of complete protein they contain 11 different vitamins and minerals that regulate functioning of the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system. Eggs also supplement the body with vitamin D, an essential vitamin that most of us lack which may lead to brittle bones and cancer. Eggs have the awesome power to control your appetite, so all you diet divas looking to lose those extra pounds, eats eggs because they can help you feel full longer by providing longer-burning energy.
Skin secrets un-cracked
Bet you did not know that eggs are awesome for a glowing skin. The nutrients that contribute to this are Choline and Lutein. Choline helps your body maintain proper levels of vitamin B, which is super important to produce collagen and elastin that keep skin looking and feeling firm and smooth. Lutein is the antioxidant found in eggs that helps preserve the skin’s elasticity and prevent free radical damage to skin cells.
Easy available and affordability make eggs a must have in every woman’s beauty regime. Besides consumption, you can include them in numerous remedies for hair and skin. Here are just a few for you.
- Hair: Using eggs on your hair is like injecting an instant dose of protein to liven up those tresses. If you can bear the odour, apply egg white to your hair for 20 minutes and thoroughly wash it after. To treat dry hair, mix the yolk of an egg with two tablespoons of oil and half a cup of Fullers’ Earth. Apply this mix all over your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual. You can also use an egg mixed with a cup of skimmed milk for similar results.
- Skin: Eggs can wipe years of your face by toning and tightening your skin. It also helps firm skin pores and treats acne. The way to use; separate the egg white from the yolk and whip it till it foams. Apply it all over your face and neck and let it dry for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and see the marked difference. You can combine eggs with a host of ingredients lying around the house to make some out-of-the-world skin packs. Try mixing eggs with olive oil to treat dry skin, yoghurt to get a glowing complexion and honey to remove a tan and tone.
- P.S. Eggs are also known to fix puffy eyes. Just apply a thin coat of egg white under the eyes and watch your peepers brighten up.
So ladies, poached, boiled, scrambled, in hair or on the skin, as long as you are not allergic to eggs, feel free to indulge in this wonder food.
FAB BAG PICKS for beautiful skin
- If your skin needs a soft, smooth and sensuous encounter – introduce it to The Nature’s Co Lavender Body Lotion. Dry, sensitive and mature skin will greatly benefit from Lavender’s antimicrobial, anti inflammatory & skin regenerative properties. CLICK to view product.
- Give your skin a rich and luscious bath treat with The Nature’s Co Coconut Creme Body wash. Its moisturizing properties works wonders on dry and flaky skin, making it smooth and silky. CLICK to view product.
- The Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream helps maintain the skin’s defense capacities and enhances cellular vitality to keep skin looking younger, longer. It is the ideal and expert daytime moisturizer beginning around age 40, and applying it makes the facial features gently “lift” with lines smoothed and contours better defined. CLICK to view product.