Published on May 19th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Being a rather harried work-from-home mommy has its funny moments, including running out of beauty product at the nth hour. So here are some of my favourite substitutes and face savers!
Once you hit 30, while age is not so much an issue, tiredness certainly is. Lack of sleep, heavy dinners, or just overall fatigue can really show on your face and make you look a little haggard. So here are my face savers:
- Ice, ice baby: Run an ice cube all over the face! If that sounds a bit extreme, then just splash your face with lots of cold water, right from the refrigerator door! Cold water revitalizes the skin, reduces any puffiness and puts that sparkle back in your eye.
- Cold, cold drops: Keep your serum in the refrigerator, the night before. Your skin gets a further tingly boost from cold serum, as opposed to a room temperature one.
- Flush with blush: Nothing like bespoke rosy cheeks to bring back the first flush of youth. But omigod, you’re out of blush? No need to panic – you can do two things here. Raid your lipstick cabinet for that shimmer red, pink or even fuschia to really let your cheeks shine (I have used the Flormar DC31 rather successfully!). Else, for a more natural “tint” – slice up a beet and rub gently on your cheeks. Let it be for 5-10 minutes and then wash off, pat (not rub) dry for softly and naturally tinted cheeks…
With the current lifestyle and genetics going a tad awry, early graying is now a norm. So sometimes, you might just realize that your party night out, is being offset by those shiny strands in your hair! So what to do?
- Band it: Bring back those whirly, sparkly cloth bands that you rejected for a more “mature” look! Try using a “double” hair band – once goes on in the front and the other goes back to create a little pouf.
- Braid it: Grecian braids that adorn the crown of your hair should make it all okay.
- Hide it: If the grays are few and far between, just run a bit of your mascara on the strands – dab with a tissue to avoid any clumping!
FAB BAG PICKS
SoulTree Lipstick: Enriched with organic sweet almond oil,wild honey and organic ghee, which makes it rich in moisture and good for your lips. Start the application at the center of the upper lip and first move outwards toward one corner and then the other. CLICK HERE to view product.
HIKARI Lip Crayon: Assortment of opaque lip colors. Want to make a bold statement? Or do you want to add just a hint of color to you lips? Either way you want to have it we have the colors for you! The rich, highly pigmented colors can be as noticeable as you want to be for any event or occasion! CLICK HERE to view product
Bourjois Smoky Effect Pencil: A smoky look available in 5 deep and intense shades achievable in 2 simple steps. High tolerance formula. Tested on sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.Enriched with natural waxes and vitamins E & C* CLICK HERE to view product