Published on May 25th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
The normal adage of skin care, a good diet, enough rest and plenty SPF is the go-to thumb rule of staying youthful. But when you have erred, then there are some ingredients to fall back upon – look for these in your age zapping cream and treatments…
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs): These are natural fruit acids found in nature and in many age-defying treatments. The exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly around the eyes. New evidence shows that in higher concentrations, AHAs may also help stimulate collagen production thereby targeting deep-set wrinkles too.
- Retinoids (including Retin A): Retinol is a natural form of vitamin A found in many over-the-counter products. This ingredient has FDA approval and is particularly effective. The commonest form in topical treatment for wrinkles is tretinoin, known commercially as Retin A. It reduces fine lines and large wrinkles, and repairs sun damage.
- Topical vitamin C: So we know Oj is great for colds but studies show that topical vitamin C can increase collagen production, protect against damage from UVA and UVB rays, correct pigmentation problems and improve inflammatory skin conditions.
- Idebenone: This is the chemical cousin to the nutrient coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and is a super-powerful antioxidant. Topical benefits of application include reduction in skin roughness and dryness, increase in hydration, decrease in lines and wrinkles, and overall improvement in sun-damaged skin.
- Pentapeptides: These are proteins and can increase collagen production in sun-damaged skin thereby resulting in diminished lines and wrinkles.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co. Fucus Anti -Ageing Cream: Anti wrinkle & anti ageing. Take back the hands of time with our Fucus Anti Ageing cream. Rich with ingredients like Sea Weed and Marine plant extracts that contain natural anti-aging properties. As well as proteins, minerals and vitamins that help keep wrinkles at bay. CLICK HERE to view product
Avene Ysthéal+ Eye Contour: YsthéAL Eye Contour has a fine smooth texture, perfectly adapted to the most delicate areas of the face. The eye contour is smoother, and eyes appear fuller and well-rested. Good tolerance, tested on sensitive skin. Fragrance and paraben free. CLICK HERE to view product
Thalgo Collagen Cream: Fine lines appear diminished day after day from the moment this smoothing, highly moisturising cream is applied. This treatment with Marine Collagen, plant Glycopeptides and Palmaria Palmata algae has been developed to produce results from the very first treatment. Skin is left soft, radiant and even; wrinkles are visibly reduced, and the skin is smoothed and replumped. CLICK HERE to view product