Published on May 26th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Hint of Tint
Blushes are not limited to the runway, you too can experiment with different shades and application techniques to enhance your features…
- Colour: A colour that matches your cheeks when they’re flushed is the right one for you. For a quick test, “spank” your cheeks (best done in private) and use the resulting colour as a guide (you can swatch a few shades on your arm to match it). Another less painful trick is to match the blush to your lip colour.
- Consistency: Powder blushes are best for oily and combination skins while crème-based blushes work for dry skin. Liquids an gels go with almost all skins.
- Order: Usual order of application: foundation, eye make-up, blush and then lip colour. Sneak tip: Apply blush before foundation for a more “natural” look.
- Brush: All “doll-size” blush brushes that come in the pack need to be shown the boot. Use a professional full brush but don’t use the same brush you use for your powder.
- Chiselled cheekbones: Shade the underside of the cheekbone with a bronzer or dark blush, then add the blush to the apples of the cheek and on the cheekbone. Finally, illuminate the area above the cheekbone with a light blush, highlighter or simply translucent powder.
- OTT: If you’ve gone a bit heavy on the powder blush, dust a bit of translucent powder over it. For cream blush, blot the colour off with a tissue. However gel and liquid blush stain the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is it wipe off the make-up and restart all over again albeit sparingly.
FAB BAG loves blushes – Our top 3 picks:
HIKARI BLUSH: Designed to highlight your complexion, our weightless blush can be used lightly for a fresh look or layered for a dramatic look!. An effortless application to the cheekbones that lasts all day! CLICK HERE to view product
NATIO BLUSHER: A versatile powder blush to highlight your complexion with a natural healthy glow. Universally flattering shades with earthy undertones so it looks like your glow is coming from within. CLICK HERE to view this product
PURELY PRO BLUSH: soft blush powder comes in a special light texture which glides on smoothly and evenly. The sheer formula is lightweight and highly pigmented providing the perfect product to enhance the cheek bones and create contours. CLICK HERE to view product