Published on June 15th, 2016 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Grey Smokey Eyes Tutorial
These simple steps ensure that you carry off your look effortlessly. Read on to know about them…
Begin with CTM – a good face wash coupled with a make-up remover to wash the day’s make-up off your face is a good beginning. If you have the time, put a face pack on to vapourise any exhaustion from your skin. Apply a dollop of your favourite moisturiser or serum and smooth it in, till your skin feels dewy…
- Stand in front of a brightly lit mirror, start with a concealer and using a brush, dab it over each blemish (if any) and blend in with your fingers.
- To create a soft glow perfect for a party, mix foundation with just a tad moisturiser and dot on your face, neck and decollete; blending in for a soft glow.
- Begin with lining your eyes with kohl, both the lower and upper lid, for a dramatic effect. Apply a grey eye shadow on the entire eye lids. Now add a dark colour of your choice to the corner of your lids: choose anything from navy, purple or black. Using a Q-tip, smudge the shadow from the outside corner in on both the lids. Add more colour and smudge it in for a darker, more fantastical look. Mascara on the upper eyelid finishes the look.
- Apply a soft pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and apply a bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks as well as places the sun naturally hits first—your brow bones, nose, and collar bones.
- Use a shimmering gloss in pink or nude in any of these shades, but keep it soft and natural. Dab an extra bit in the middle of your pout to add volume. It will create an illusion of fuller lips and give you that perfect evening look.