Published on June 16th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Reverse Ageing Naturally!
Take a note of these natural remedies to begin your ‘all natural’ beauty regimen…
Anti-ageing doesn’t come in jars and bottles alone. Your anti-ageing regimen should begin as early as in your twenties – the key to a longer youth is early prevention! In fact a lot of it starts from what’s on your plate. The first thing you’ll need is plenty of foods rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent the damage caused to your body by oxygen exposure. Here’s a “good” list: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, prunes, cherries, plums, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, spinach, red cabbage, onions, asparagus, artichokes, beetroot, sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, cashews and sesame seeds. Eat them and by all means, apply them in grandma’s home remedies for added benefit.
Real Life Secrets:
1. Avocado pulp is one of the best moisturisers you can get. And the very first fine lines you see in your 30s are because of insufficiently hydrated skin. So mash up a ripe avocado and then rub it all over freshly showered skin – keep on for 10 minutes and then shower off once more with tepid water (no soap). Dry off for skin that thanks you – Rashmi Desai, 29, Mumbai
2. Marks and pigmentation worsen with age… Rub slices of raw potato to lighten them. And to avoid pimples and blackheads, apply a mixture made up of equal amounts of glycerine, lime juice and rose water on the skin, before going to sleep. It’s quite effective – Reni Rajan, 30, Kochi
3. The delicate skin around the eyes reveals your “real” age the fastest, with wrinkles, sagging and puffiness. Counter this by applying the purest honey you can find around your eyes. Keep on for 10 minutes, and wash off with cold water for a revitalised look – Kanchi Sinha, 33, Kolkata
4. That cool glass of sugarcane juice might not be great for your system from the inside out, but works wonder when applied topically. Make a paste with (kasturi) turmeric and sugarcane juice and then apply all over face, neck and décolleté. Keep on till dry and then wash off with cool water – this will help prevent wrinkles – Swati Sharma, 27, Delhi
5. Coconut milk is great in Thai food, but equally good for your skin. Grate a coconut and squeeze the milk from it. Apply this milk on your face. It’ll give your skin a glow, lessen those fine lines and even lighten spots – Sally D’Costa, 32, Goa
Seasoul Dead Sea Anti Ageing Mask : This anti-ageing mask contains anti-oxidants that help to fight wrinkles & fine lines and enriches the skin with essential minerals from the Dead Sea making skin look younger, softer and more vibrant. CLICK to view product
The Nature’s Co. Asiatic Centella Anti Wrinkle Cream : Enriched with Asiatic Centella extracts, this cream reduces wrinkles caused by ageing, stress & the sun. It also contains Rosemary, Pine, Sage & Lemon that help to tone & moisturize the skin. CLICK to view product
Naked Overnight Elixir Serum : This overnight repair wear miracle serum makes your skin as smooth as a baby’s. No kidding! Nourishing avocado and healing rose hip oils will restore elasticity, work away pigmentation, prevent premature ageing & is full of antioxidants. CLICK to view product