Published on June 16th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Simple Beauty Tricks
There comes a day when nothing seems to be on track. In that case what you need are these simple beauty tricks to get going.
All of us have had, and will have, bad mirror days. Coupled with a lack of time, this can mean a beauty disaster. Dressing up in dark shades of make-up will only exacerbate the problem. Be it that you overslept or the d-day where everything seems to be following Murphy’s Law – here are some quick tips for your beauty to shine through and through. Instead, take a deep breath, wash your face with cold water and then follow these nifty little tips that will get you looking good, in NO time!
- No More Shine: An oily-skin day can ruin the best of make-up. To combat carry a face mist or pour in your trusty toner in a spray bottle. To refresh make-up, lightly mist your face and then pat with a tissue. At a pinch, even ice cold water sprayed on your face will do the trick – the idea is to spray and not splash.
- Condition to Moisturise: Dry skin days are equally bad and if in a hurry, use conditioner to moisturise more than just your hair – slather it on your body, rinse and dry off. The conditioner will hydrate as well as body lotion – without waiting for it to sink in.
- Warm Pinks: Concealer is only half the battle won when it comes to fixing flaws. To create an illusion of near-perfect skin; try wearing lipstick in a warm pink. Pink tones work wonders for skin so skip the red if your skin is looking a little peaked.
- Accent Eyes: Eyeliner is the fastest and the most basic way to look fresh and add drama to our looks. Be it your trusty liquid brush, an eye pencil or just a thin brush wet and dipped into dry eye-shadow – accent colours can really make you look glamorous in no time!
- Ready To Go: Sleep revives skin like none other but if full night’s rest is not a luxury you can afford then here’s how to “appear” rested: pat concealer onto the inner corners of your eyes, under your lower lashes and next to your nose. Finish by swirling bronzer over your cheeks.
- Nail Break: Remove all traces of polish and then cut them down to even size (yes, we do feel your pain!). Take a wedge of lemon and rub them well. Paint them in a natural pink or just a top coat for some sheen.
- Mane Magic: When you’re strapped for time, do the “T-zone blow-dry”… Run the drier down your parting and around your hairline only. When the front and top of your hair looks “finished”, so will you.
- No More Grease: If scalp grease (or too many products) has left your hair looking limp, spray perfume on your brush, then brush through.
- Frizz Off: Dampen your hands with water and a drop of moisturizer, gently fix your hair back into a French twist or bun. Wait 10 minutes; take your hair down for frizz-free tresses with a slight curl.
- Ponytail Up: It’s the ultimate easy style. Pull your hair back haphazardly with your fingers into a ponytail and secure with a band. Spritz with hairspray and twist a stray tendril around your hair elastic to hide it, and pin it in place. Effortless panache!
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co Rose Hydrating Face Mist : Get the quick perk me up for your face with The Nature’s Co Rose Hydrating Face Mist and keep your face moisturized. It balances pH levels and tightens pores. The soothing, gentle cleansing properties of Rose have a softening and refining effect on skin. Use it anytime of the day. CLICK HERE to view product
Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition : Your weapon of lash seduction! Its mission: KILLER VOLUME. FLIRTACIOUS LASHES. Its target: Every single lash. Its secret weapon : 500 bristle brush + special tip for tiny lashes. ts innovation: 500 bristle mega brush with ultra-fine and supple bristles coat every single lash for maximum volume. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick-Mary Poppins : Want to go bare-faced with a pop of color? Say hello to Mary Poppins! It is an eye-catching Fuchsia shade that can never go unnoticed. Exfoliate your lips & apply the Crayon Lipstick just the way you would with any other lipstick. Blot & reapply. CLICK HERE to view product