Published on June 20th, 2016 | by Sharmila Chand
Beauty Inside: Bra Talks
Let’s have a look at the different types of bras that would be an apt choice for you based on your body type.
We explored how to choose the right bra. Now it’s time to explore different styles for different silhouettes, occasions and outfits. You need a T-shirt bra for everyday use, a strapless or convertible bra for special occasions and a variety of necklines, and perhaps a plunge bra for a sexy blouse or a gown. Whichever you buy, choose according to body type, not personal preference!
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!
- Cup kinds: If you’re ‘full busted’, then you should choose a full cup bra – they may look a tad maternal but will support you properly and make your curves sizzle. Small busts can buy demi-cups or balconettes – these are designed to be lower at the front, making them ideal to wear with low cut tops.
- Cleavage: If you want to “reduce” your large size to a less prominent one, then go for a minimiser bra – it is built to tighten around your bust so that you look a size smaller. If a smaller bust is your woe, then try maximisers or push-up bras – they are padded and push up your cleavage a tad for a sexier fit.
- Straps: Choose a normal, wider-strapped bra for heavy busts to get good support without the straps digging into your shoulders. Small busted gals can experiment with narrow and lacy straps. Another must-have is the multi-way bra: very useful as they serve various purposes. They can be worn as halter neck, racer back or one strap bra or even strapless bras – perfect for those evening outfits. A strapless bra that comes with detachable straps is also a must-buy. Nude is your best color choice when it comes to a strapless bra.
- Appearance: Buy seam-free or T-shirt bras if wearing clingy tops and T-shirts. These bras do not show any ridges on the surface plus offer ample nipple cover. You can keep those sexier and lacier versions for the night, or when dressed in demure Indian outfits.
- Support: Go for underwire bras since they give better fit and support to larger busts. The bottom and sides of each cup are lined with a flexible wire to give great shape and support.
- For exercise: Whether it’s running or gymming, or even yoga – wear sports bras as they are specially designed to allow freedom of movement while holding your breasts firmly in place. They are made of fabrics that can breathe well and help the skin. They also protect the ligaments that support the breast tissue, which can otherwise become irreparably damaged.
Votre Tissue Nourishment Oil Breast Tightening & Re Contouring Oil : This specialty daily use massage oil is a mixture of TIGHTENING & FIRMING herbs which provide the necessary nourishment required for the Bust. It gives strength to the Breast muscle and relaxes the muscle tension. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Breast Tightening & Uplifting Combo Kit : This Combo Kit of Tissue Nourishment Lotion & Tissue Nourishment Oil contains special plant extracts that work naturally to firm, tone, and strengthen the delicate skin of the bust and decollete, where firmness and tone may be compromised due to age, gravity, and photo-damage. CLICK HERE to view product
Clarins Bust Beauty Firming Lotion : Support your breasts! Get them back into great, young-looking shape with a nighttime treatment formulated with Vu Sua and Bocoa extracts – two ingredients that form an invisible natural bra that instantly provide a firmning effect and tone to the bust area. Replenishes and provides a tightening effect to skin from base of breasts to chin. Results improve with continued use. CLICK HERE to view product