Published on June 20th, 2016 | by Aparna Mishra
Kitchen Secrets: Carrots
Carrots are packed with natural antioxidants like Beta-carotene, Anthocyanin and Lutien that enable your skin fight against free radicals, thus giving thumbs down to the natural ageing process. Thiamine, Niacin, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C – you name a vitamin and the carrot has it all! Plus, a carrot a day will supply your system with doses of minerals like Potassium, Manganese, Sodium, Fluoride, Zinc, and a lot more minerals. Carrots drain out toxins from the skin and make it appear refreshed and young. What’s more, the natural vitamins along with carotene, gives nourishment to the skin too…
DIY with carrots:
- Juice it up: Carrot juice happens to be the best toner for ageing skin. It replenishes the damages, hydrates it and brings back the suppleness that gets lost with age. All you have to do is to squeeze out fresh carrot juice, store in a bottle and refrigerate it. Dab the juice onto your facial skin at least twice a day, and get back your youthfulness!
- Suppleness reinstalled: Lock the natural moisture in your skin and hydrate it naturally with carrots. Grate two fresh carrots and mix a teaspoon of raw milk with it. Along with this, add a teaspoonful of pure honey and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Smear all over your clean face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with water and look into the mirror to find your face smiling back at you!
- Reverse skin damage: Extract juice out of two fresh carrots and mix it with rose water in a ratio of 1:2. Refrigerate this calming emulsion in a spray bottle. Spray it all over your face and exposed skin as you as you return home. It will reverse back the damages caused by pollution and soothe sun burnt skin, thereby serving as a great product to keep skin problems at bay.
- TLC for dry hair: Simply boil carrots and zap them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Wash it off with warm water and shampoo plus condition as you do.
- Un-mask that beauty: Boil carrots and zap them in the blender to get a consistent puree. Add a bit of honey, 8-10 drops lemon juice and 2-3 drops olive oil. Apply evenly all over face and neck and keep on for 15 minutes. Wash off to reveal brighter, firmer and more glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS for Glowing Skin
Votre White Essence Brightening Toning Mist : Refresh and tone your skin with “White Essence” Brightening Toning mist. Enriched with gentle plant extracts for maximum hydration, it effectively reduces skin blemishes, scars and lightens the skin with continued use. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Fruity Firm Skin Radiance Cream : A luxurious fruit delight, packed with the natural fruit vitamins, regenerating anti-oxidants and anti-aging agents, to help guard the skin against the oxidative stressors. Grape seed and carrot seed oils help restore and rejuvenate the skin. CLICK HERE to view product
BioBloom Anti Tan Oil : Inspired by the goodness of Liquorice, Cedar wood & Carrot seed, this oil provides protection against UV. It also provides hydration, and glow & astringent to the skin. A natural astringent with anti-fungal and anti-septic properties, this oil, is perfect to take on the sun! CLICK HERE to view product